Chapter twenty-two

starting to regret this

Chapter twenty-two:

"Alright, looks like you can go." Lois smiled, placing the clip board down on the table beside the bed. I gathered All my stuff (a book, notepad and pencils) and stood. I flashed Dr. Lois a smile and left the room.

I tugged on the red skinnys waist, trying to loosen the grip it had on my tiny waist. I glanced up to look into one of the nurses eyes whom I had caught staring at me.

I flashed a crooked smile, my canine tooth scratching slightly on my lip. She blushed and looked away and started chatting with a nearby nurse. The nurse she was talking to glanced up at me and back to the other one.

The red-headed nurse then glanced back up at me, a blush still noticeable. She set down her clip board she was holding on a cart and shuffled awkwardly towards me.

"Hi." her voice was low, but it sounded like a melody of bells. The distinct freckles show on her pale porcelain skin. "I'm Lai. I was your nurse when you first got here." Lai paused and then spoke up again, twiddling her thumbs.

"Oh course you wouldn't remember, you were in a coma for a month." Her voice was barely a whisper but I heard it. "A month?" She looked up and realized what she had done. "W-well yeah... You were in a coma for about a month and when you awoke you were healing for about two, three weeks."

I took a deep breath while I bit the inside of my cheek. "Well thank you for the information." I turned to walk towards the elevator but was stopped by a cool hand. "Here, give me a call." Lai slipped a piece of crumpled paper inside my hand and walked away. I stared at my closed hand.

Smiling, I walked towards the elevator once again and left for home.