Chapter three.

many mistakes I'm not fixing

-GUMBALLS POV-

"I think I'm in love with you."

I shouldn't have said that. I'm so stupid, I mean I'm a guy and he's a guy! And I'm a prince! His perfectly round face, his full lips... I shook my head at the thought.

"I need to get away.." I run an angry hand through my pink hair. Sighing, I walk over to the lab table and grab a few pencils and a notebook. Time to go to the tree.

Just a few meters away from the Candy Kingdom is a willow tree in a field of different arrangements of flowers. From roses to daisies. My favorite spot to think when something is bothering me.

Oh no. It's mine and Marshall's spot. Glob, I hope he isn't there. I looked up at the now crimson sky from the rising sun. I bumped into someone, not paying attention to where I was walking.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going." The person spoke in a familiar purr. I turned around, and there was Marshall Lee. "M-Marsh... I'm sorry. I should be the one apologizing, I wasn't paying attention."

He scoffed and fixed his black umbrella. "You always apologize for things you didn't do. Always taking the blame, like the bubble gum prince you are. Everyone treats you like loyalty because of what you do. You're nothing like me, The Vampire King."

We were nose to nose, I could feel a faint blush on my cheeks. "I outrank you, Bubba." Before I could speak, I noticed what he was wearing. He was wearing the pink sweater I gave him. My heart hurts.

His lips smashed into mine for a millisecond before he was gone. The tingle on my lips never left, I wanted more. I touched my lips, closing my eyes.

My first kiss with the vampire king. I just wanted to engulf myself in his taste, the sweetness of strawberries. So strange he tasted like strawberries. I liked it. I liked it so much... I want more. Frowning, I keep caressing my lips with my pale pink fingers.

What has Marshall done to me?

"It's because I love him."

MARSHALL'S POV.

Why did I kiss him? I miss the feel of his lips. No, no the vampire king shouldn't be thinking like this. Maybe I should go to Fiona's. Yeah, to clear my head a bit.

My head was aching from the previous events. I couldn't quite keep my finger on it before it slipped away. My dead heart keeps aching, and I think I need him. Before I knew it, I was at Fiona's door.

Hesitating, I knocked three times. I heard faint voices and shuffling of feet then the door opened revealing Fiona. She wore her boy's night t-shirt and bright pink lace panties that looked like shorts. A faint blush crept onto her face as she slammed the door.

I smirked as I heard cake screaming and running feet. The door opened again, revealing cake. "I'm sorry sweetie, Fiona just doesn't get it, she can't just open the door wearing this sort of stuff. Haha, come in! You must be tired."

Why was the cake being so nice? It's creepy. I walked in, and set my umbrella in the corner beside the table. Grabbing a red apple, I sat on the couch next to Bemo, who was sleeping. Can robots sleep?

"Sorry I took so long!" Fiona came in wearing shorts to her knees with her hair pulled up in a messy bun with glasses. "Nice glasses, Fi," I smirked as she blushed. "Thanks, Marshal. Um... Sorry about before.."

She sat in a chair across the room. "It's fine really." I turned my gaze to a small spot on the wall. "Baby, I need to go out for a bit with lord Monocromicorn so later Fi!" Cake kissed Fiona's cheek and stretched to the window. "AND NO FUNNY BUSINESS!" She yelled before she took off. I chuckled, seeing Fiona blush and start to fidget. What a weak- no no Fiona's my friend.

"Fiona." She looked up at me, her blush still stained on her face. I floated towards her and cupped her face in my hands. "If you don't stop blushing, I'll drink the red from your face," I smirked causing her to blush more. "Anyway,"

I stretched, still floating in the air in front of Fiona. "Have anything I could eat? I'm hungry." I looked at her and patted my stomach. "Uh- um yeah! Sure, hold on a sec."

A few shuffles of the feet and Fiona was back with a tray of all kinds of red candies, apples, drinks, you name it. "Thanks, Fi." I picked out a couple of strawberries, my favorite.

GUMBALL POV.

Finally made it to the tree after the encounter with Marshall. I sat down, sighing in content, and started scribbling on the sketch I started on Marshall. Those exotic eyes... Hypnotizing. I shook my head leaning it on the bark of the tree. Why is this so difficult?

I started back on the sketch, yawning a bit. Sighing I put the book down and grabbed my 'Do it math!' the science book I got in first grade. A couple of pages left to go.

FLASHBACK:

I was wandering alone in the creepy forest. Can't believe I told the Candy Kingdom I would do it. To be brave, to prove myself worthy of a prince.

Loud noises, scratches, hissing, growling. Every corner I turned scared the math out of me. Glob, hope I get this over with soon. Since I wasn't looking where I was going, I tripped over a twig.

I fell down a hill, into a slope-like thing which was a cave. Holding my hand, I walked into it deeper. Only to find myself in a home. Confused, I looked around. Someone was here recently.

"What's the prince of candy doing out here all by himself?" A deep purr echoed all around the house. Trying to find the source of the voice, I spoke up nervously.

"Um. Well to prove myself worthy of being prince, I have to wander alone in this forest for four days and return perfectly fine..and I shouldn't have taken the chance." The last part I whispered to myself.

"Well, you could stay here if you'd like." Airbrushed against my neck, causing the little hairs to stand up, and a wave of delight; no comfort washed over me.

I smell strawberries.

MARSHALL POV.

After leaving Fiona's, I decided to go to the tree. I hope Gumbutt's there.

Stop Marshall Lee! He has corrupted your mind. I can't think straight.

I got to the tree to find Bubba sleeping peacefully. Being the vampire, I gotta be nosy.

I looked at the book he was reading. Ugh math. and something else caught my attention. A sketchbook with me in it. It's... Did he draw this? On the bottom is a letter. I opened it;

Dear Marshall,

You may be 1,000 years older but I fell in love with you. I can't keep thinking about you. It drives me insane.

He never finished the letter. A certain smell floated off the letter.

Strawberries.