2

I had slept in my old bed for the night, feeling overly stiff and wishing I had not slept in the bed. The mattress was not new, but it was obvious that it had not been used in years. The faint smell of my father was evident, but him being dead for at least a week now had faded his scent, airing it out of the room naturally. It was somewhat obvious that he had spent time in here, and my father having been the neat freak he had been in his lifetime, had kept my room rather spotless.

My father had been strange about things. No omega had ever been allowed to set foot into our house to clean and cook.

He always said: 'A true Alpha should be able to take care of himself and his family. If an Alpha cannot take care of his family, how can he take care of his pack? If an Alpha cannot take care of his pack, in what way is he an Alpha?'

This was why he was respected and loved by his people and those who came in contact with him.

I got out of bed, stretching my limbs as I did. The breeze coming from the open window blew over my naked skin, making goosebumps dance across golden skin. I was naturally tanned over my entire body, due to the fact that I had come into the nature of being naked most of the time. I opened my door and walked towards the bathroom, almost right into a male that I hadn't seen before. I raised my left half brow at the blushing male.

"Sergei, have you found the others yet?" an elderly voice asked.

From behind him an older man and woman came into view. Both froze when they laid eyes on me, Sergei, the male who had seen me first, was still bright red, trying as he might to keep his eyes from my body. The older male, however, had no trouble keeping his eyes away, looking over my facial features.

"Could it be that the lost Featherstone child has returned?"

"I was far from lost, geezer."

He chuckled slightly before sticking a hand out.

"You remind me of your father. I am Vladimir Ivanov. Alpha King."

"Victoria Featherstone." I shook his hand, looking him straight in the eye while shaking his hand.

"Now, may I ask why you are naked?"

"I was born naked." I shrugged at his question, to which he only bemusedly lifted a brow. Raking a hand through my straight, loose hair, I cleared my throat to salve the usual gruff sound my voice took on. "You were looking for someone?"

"The elders, yes." The King said.

Sergei was having a hard time keeping his eyes directed at my face. It seemed to become a losing battle for him. Might as well stop torturing the male. I threw a thumb over my shoulder.

"You should find them in the second room to the right."

Walking past them I could feel the presence of more royal wolves in and around the house. It irritated me somewhat when I came outside to find my pack's warriors looking at the royal wolves in confusion.

"Fucking useless mutts." I belted out as I headed towards the forestry.

Once I reached the edge of the forest, I pushed my wolf forward from her comfortable space she occupied in our shared mind. She huffed in annoyance at what I was doing, forcing her to surface. The change was quick and painless, as per usual. I had phased into my wolf form enough times in my life to no longer feel the pain or discomfort that came with it. Urging my wolf forward she took off in a wild sprint that would have even the royals huffing for air. I crossed the borders and allowed the complete freedom she enjoyed. I had no care for the borders that were around my own pack, nor the borders of other packs around me.