9

"Well..." she started hesitantly as she eyed her mate with a look of absolute horrid adoration and devotion.

I honestly could never fathom the lovey dovey way mates treated one another.

"We have been together long enough for me to look past it." the older female's voice was teasing as she spoke.

"This one loves it too much. She even asked me when we were much younger if I will ever change, when I answered no she said I should never change."

"How... Quaint..."

"I can't wait for you to mate with Illarion or Sergio." both males stiffened as their father spoke.

"I'd rather shove a butcher's knife down my throat."

He laughed. "Just as blunt as the first time I saw you."

I gave him an irritated glance before turning towards Damian, opening a mind link.

"Make yourself useful and get Beta Boy to sort himself out before I break his twiddling thumbs off."

I pointedly looked towards William's twitching hands and desperate gulping.

"He can't help it, Alpha." Damian replied. "We are not used to being so close to so many high ranking wolves. Even I am having difficulty containing the need to move away."

I sighed before turning back to the King.

"If you will excuse us. My Beta in training and Delta seem to have difficulty with not keeling over and laying belly up while near all of your delightful egos. We will be moving to another table."

I stood without waiting for a response and walked to the farthest corner where I recognized six of the ten sets of Alphas and Betas. They were all from the surrounding packs. I pulled a chair out from under Alpha Stevens' Beta, making him fall flat on his back. I twisted the chair to the position I wished to sit in and planted my ass down.

I could hear whispers and some snickering. Around the table I could see Alphas Stevens, Wild and Garner giving me looks of agitation at my presence. I spotted the Alpha who's land I had hunted on eyeing me with intense need. Next to him were two Alphas I had helped. One had the look of curiosity as he looked at me while the other seemed to try and place me in his mind.

Stronghold seemed to become irritated with the fact that he could not place me, though I was sure his wolf had already recognized me. The other four seemed to have looks of curiosity and disapproval mixed on their faces as they stared at me.

I lifted a brow at them just Stevens' Beta, my Beta in training and my Delta returned to the table with more chairs. Finally, as of everything seemed to thaw all at once, the Alpha at the microphone snapped his gaze away from me.

"As I was saying;" he cleared his throat. "We would like to welcome each and every Alpha to our lands wholeheartedly. Tomorrow we will start the festivities off by showing you around the grounds of our pack. After that we will all gather around and have a bonfire where the leaders of the Vampire Royal Court, Witch's Den, Dragon Generals and our own Royal Family and Elders will join. We have planned several events for those who wish to participate, while we can all leisurely enjoy eachother's company.

"As for now, let us move on to more serious business." he straightened his papers out. "There have been several reports of sightings of rogues gathering in groups around several populated wolf communities. They are troubling and need to be dealt with before they could harm any of our packs."

I scoffed at him.

I could see him eyeing me for a moment before continuing.

"We will be taking action..."

A screen popped up behind him showing red dots all over Europe and the UK. I searched the screen quickly and smirked.

"Excuse me boys, I'll be right back."

I got up and began making my way toward the door.

"Little girl, sit down." Johnson, at the podium, snidely remarked.

Laughter roared around me.

I turned my head slightly, staring at him with a knowing smirk.

"Did you want me to pull my pants down and ruin this lovely rosewood floor, or may I proceed to the ladies room?"

He turned bright red. "You may proceed."

I smirked and walked out.

***

An hour had passed since I left the room and I found myself stuffing a third chunk of meat down my throat.

The piece of gammon tore from the bone with ease as I shred it with my teeth. The females around the kitchen corralled themselves around me, replacing the dishes that I finished.

They seemed to be strangely watching me with enamored gazes. I could almost choke on pheramones. Though profoundly awkward, I enjoyed the food immensely. After a few minutes I felt a pair of hands sliding down through my hair.

"I bet a nice head massage will relax you." a sultry voice spoke in my ear, dark locks tumbling down into my straight silver hair.

"No, I bet a nice warm bath will be exactly what you need." another voice came and a beautiful face entered my vision. Another brunette seemed to smile seductively, biting her lip.

"No, I believe more food is what she wants." a cute red-headed girl said as she held a fork of spaghetti in front of my mouth.

Smirking I took a bite and licked my lips off.