21

Archelaus Hatzis

I stared at the female standing with her arms over her chest, covered in scars and completely covered in blood as though this was reasonably normal. Her own blood was still making bloody streaks down her body even as the wounds closed over at an alarming rate even for our kind. Her previously broken arm was covered in sickening black and blue bruises, but she herself seemed not to mind it. The claw marks on her chest was scarred over already and the piece of flesh flailing on her ribs was already reattaching itself. Her eyes, bloody and scarred, were another story. Her already blinded left eye stared back in a clouded luster while the right was closed, the scars of the she-wolf's claws still deep enough to see that it had been more than tissue damage.

"How the fuck did she do that?" Sao breathed the whisper from beside me. 

"That was intense..." A beta said near us.

"How did she..."

The murmurs around us was enough to convince us that it was a first for them to see any wolf fight this fiercely as well.

"She's worse than you..." Helion commented, earning a few chuckles from those who knew me. "Good luck with that one..."

I watched as the King himself struggled to retort to her words this time, her obvious glare shutting them up quite effectively. My wolf stepped forward, his eyes looking over her new scars in concern, but the swell of pride had me smiling idiotically.

Her voice ripped me out of my thoughts once more, her anger even more obvious this time.

"Either you wolf the fuck up and follow my instructions or I remove you from my lands by the skins of your flailed fucking asses!"

She once more used that strange power that she alone held, compelling even the royals to do her bidding.

"Make groups of fifty, then divide yourselves in smaller groups from two to four wolves at a time. You will then enter a death match against each other, the last one in each of the rings will be considered finalists and then go up against each other until you have a champion." Her eyes glistened with new excitement, as it did every so often when something seemed to excite her and her wolf. "The champion will then have a turn to spar against me. We will then continue with training and then hunting. The new wolves will be filtered into their classes afterwards and will take an assessment test afterwards to be more accurate in your placements. Tonight we will have a bonfire where our visitors and new wolves will be properly shown around and properly introduced to the rest of the pack." She handed the bag of chalk powder to her young Beta. "Start forming your groups."

Three full hours later I was standing triumphantly opposite her, having won every match and now getting to face off against her. She was now dressed in a large shirt that had her own scent burned into it, a pair of shorts barely sticking out from underneath the shirt. she stood as she had stood three hours previously, her arms crossed over her chest and a look of careful assessment on her features. She had given me a scarce once over before she stepped int the ring opposite me.

"Careful." the voice had me jumping away from its source. The small witch smiled sweetly at me as she glanced towards my mate. "She does like to kick. She only ever uses her hands if she feels you are worth a little effort."

I stared at the witch as she stepped out of the ring, giving me a last smile. "She also won't move before you do, since she has yet to decide if you are worth any effort at all."

I frowned before my eyes turned back to the very powerful she-wolf who was standing as though she had all the time in the world. She had gone to shower, her silver hair brought up in a ponytail and her eyes showing. The scars had healed fully, a fucking miracle in itself, but her eye was now covered with a medical eye patch. Her previously broken arm seemed perfectly healed, the only reminders being the deep grooves that the male's teeth had left behind. Some fresh claw marks could be seen peeking out from under the shirt, but they seemed rather like they had happened months before. 

I sighed, her beautiful face had been further disfigured, but she had seemed like any and all pain she would have felt during the fight against the conjured rogues. I looked at my last opponents standing on the outskirts of the chalk circle, they both seemed somewhat irritated at my defeat over them. It was true that those in her pack who had fought in the last round gave one hell of a fight, making even the Betas and Alphas who had reached the final rounds sweat. I was against the one prince and an elder last, and I was still covered in bruises and sweat. I watched as she took something from her pocket, revealing a piece of chocolate as she gave me another lazy once over.

We have to prove ourselves to her.

I agreed with the wolf inside me, but he was pushing for the lead.

"If you are struggling to control your wolf that much, you really need more mental training."

I quickly looked up to her, watching as she took a second bite from her chocolate while her eye held mine. She gave a sigh of irritation, walking towards me as she took the patch off, showing her other eye completely healed as well, the scares over her face the only reminder of what had been a very damaging blow. She took the last bite of the chocolate, returning the paper of the chocolate to her back pocket before she grabbed my chin with one hand.

I stood still, the feeling of her hand sending the sensation of warmth rushing through me as though she was a flame burning a seductive flame onto me. Her mere touch had me near melting, but her eyes told me that she did not share my excitement. She looked into my eyes, her head tilted inquisitively before her eyes roamed to the tattoo on my chest, displaying a moon flower with a wolf underneath it, howling. It was the representation of our kind and the moon goddess, found in many of our literature scripts and books.

"Hah!" she gave a short laugh as she let me go and turned her back on me, walking towards the edge of the circle and stepped out, barely turning her head far enough for me to see the side profile of her face. "Once your wolf can control himself around me, we will continue with this training."

I watched as she waved her hand towards the Gamma of our pack and they seemed to exchange a mental conversation with him for quite a while. She then turned away towards the witch and the strange horned male that seemed to follow her as though she was his master. It was strange to think of it, but it was as though she was speaking with them through a link of their own as I watched the male stare intently at her and the witch change expressions every now and again as if she was having a real conversation.

Both the witch and the strange male nodded before going towards the Alpha house, leaving Victoria to stand alone.

"We will now go on to the hunting." The gamma spoke. "If our visitors would be patient, we usually allow the younger wolves to try first after carefully instructing them, as it is vital in our Alpha's opinion, for every wolf to know how to hunt, and it gives us the chance to observe them and see who would be an asset as a tracker or a hunter. Some of the females will be going home to help prepare for tonight's festivities, those of you who wish to rest may go with them. The new members, we ask that your young family members join us and you are welcome to observe. After teaching the young wolves, you are more than welcome to hunt yourselves. Alpha Featherstone has purchased enough deer and elk to sate your desires." he cleared his throat, seeming a little uncomfortable under the gazes of so many high ranked wolves. "You may shift if you wish."