4

Victoria Featherstone

I settled to an equal sharing of our mind as my wolf pushed forward in irritation. The male was obviously overstepping his boundaries. Unlike the young Alpha Male, my wolf could sense this male already proclaiming me as his. And she did not like this. She let her presence be known to him.

I watched as he stiffened for a moment before dragging his eyes back upwards. His eyes locked with mine, slight confusion to be seen in their greenish depths.

"Care to explain why the fuck you think you have any right to look at me as if you will tear my clothes from my body and fuck me?" I asked with annoyance.

His mouth dropped open before closing and opening again. He had no idea how to respond, that much was obvious.

A chair to my left scraped over the porch. I turned my gaze to the man beside me. Vladimir was standing beside me, his hand stretched out.

"Glad to see you again, Vicky dearest."

My eyebrow raised slightly higher.

"If I am not mistaken, my parents named me Victoria, not Vicky." I told him, ignoring his outstretched hand, before turning towards the Elders. "Have you told these males what I told you?"

They stared at me in silence. One, a black haired man with fair skin, finally spoke up after glancing at Vladimir who had retracted his hand.

"You cannot possibly believe that the council, or even the King, will allow you to stay unmated at the head of a pack."

"With or without your permission, I will take this pack for myself. I am the rightful heir. The only heir. I refuse to mate a male whose sole desire is power and land and if you should appoint a male as an Alpha over me, I will kill him and his entire family. This is MY pack." I could feel my nose flaring in slight anger.

"You cannot..."

"I will." I cut him off. "Tell me honestly, besides the fact that I am a female, why the fuck can I not be Alpha of my own pack?"

"You have been a rogue for eight years." the woman stated.

"Veron of Hell's Deep in Canada was a rogue for twelve years after murdering someone, might I add. And he was immediately appointed Alpha when his father passed."

"You are not mature enough..."

"Last time I checked I am twenty five years old. The required age for an alpha is twenty years."

"You have no fighting exper..."

I pulled a sleeve up, revealing several bite marks from not only our species. "I believe my body speaks for itself."

"You have no value to add to your pack."

"I am pretty sure that if I had been in charge, a rogue would never have made it onto this land without notice."

"A rogue...?" the black haired man asked again.

"Sniff the air. There's a visiting Alpha and his Beta at the table, besides them there are four elders and four royals. But there are eleven of us here. What does your nose tell you is the eleventh scent?"

He sighed as he stared at me.

"You are unmated." the royal female stated, I was assuming that she is the queen.

"Was Vladimir mated when he was crowned King? Were most male Alphas, for example this male here," I pointed to the Alpha at the table. "...mated before he became Alpha?"