12

"Our Alpha is on her way. She says you have until she arrives to leave our lands." The young warrior said at the front of the patrol unit.

They'd strangely found us quite easily, something that not even the royals had been able to do three years prior when we trespassed to see if my mate was held there somewhere. They had only found us on our way out, letting us go with a warning after we explained what had happened to my mate.

"How did you find us so soon?" One of my people asked, voicing what I was contemplating myself.

The warrior eyed him for a second, seeming to find his opponent lacking in his mind. "Leave now, and Alpha Featherstone will allow you to leave without harm."

"She won't ever chase me away." I said confidently.

He looked me up and down for a moment, his eyes clouded. He was being told what to do via a pack link.

"My Alpha is giving you one final warning. She will be here shortly and will remove you by force should you still refuse to leave."

I cocked a brow, glancing at Darion and Sao who were always at my flanks.

"We refuse to leave until I speak to your Alpha."

They nodded and stepped aside, their eyes glued in front of them and their stances rigid. The air itself seemed to freeze as three figures stepped through the forestry. Two males, one young and one older, walked at the front and stepped aside when they came close to us. Much farther back was a silver haired female, a look of displeasure to her face.

"So, you refuse to leave our lands?" the older male asked as the female looked us over.

"I will only speak to your Alpha." I stated, looking at the female who was my mate. I could feel my wolf stepping forward, asssessing her.

"You are speaking to her, through me. Our Alpha has difficulty speaking after her vocal chords were damaged. She prefers not to speak unless needed."

I frowned, looking her over once more. She cocked a brow, her smirk mocking.

"A-alpha! I... I can't say that!" the older male seemed to go completely white while some of her pack members snickered with subtle looks in my direction.

She turned her head to the older male, giving him a look before he seemed to tense even more.

"I apologise, Alpha. I will not disobey again." he turned to us, his face flushing bright red. "Alpha Featherstone has said that if you continue to look at her as if you would tear her clothes from her body and fuck her right here she will rip your dick off and stuff your ass with it before roasting you over a bon fire and feasting on your flesh."

Helion choked behind me.

"It seems it's almost time for your hunt again, Alpha." The elder male stated as he looked to her again.

She nodded.

"We'll have to purchase some deer to make sure the population does not drop too much. And bears. You have been eating quite a lot."

She smirked, pulling up her shoulders. She eyed us for a moment before turning on her heel and walking back whence she came. They bowed to her back before the young male finally spoke up.

"Alpha Victoria gave the order to place you in the extra pack house for now. You will be fed and given bed and bath. She will see you tomorrow to discuss your options."

"You said she'd kick us off her lands herself. She sounded threatening, yet even her wolf feels weak."

The elder scoffed. "Do not be fooled. We thought the same. Her wolf rarely comes forward, and Victoria is not one to openly display her full power. Also, she finds you non threatening. If you posed a threat, she would already bathe in your blood and wear the skin of your leader."