25

I rubbed my temple, the ghostly pain of experiencing my own memories coursed through the burn scar across my face. A fresh cup of black coffee waited for me on the table, steam rising from the welcomed liquid. I swallowed it down and sat down by my desk. The young female who seemed to have taken it upon herself to make sure that I was well fed and hydrated entered with a tray packed with food and another cup on the tray. I grabbed the cup gratefully and took a slower sip of the dark liquid this time.

The girl had somehow gotten used to my schedule of waking up at five exactly each morning and always had my first cup waiting for me on the table. I had heard from William that she was an omega and an orphan, so I had decided to invite her to live in one of the guest rooms and paid her for the chores she had taken upon herself. She was quiet and failed to bother me, so having her around made things easier for both of us.

"Thank you, Macey."

She smiled and walked out. I enjoyed the breakfast before running upstairs and taking a brusque shower. I had on my sports black bra and shorts with the black running shoes that I enjoyed wearing. I walked downstairs, spotting Tatia and Zhou in my living room, bickering about which channel to watch.

I frowned.

"Shouldn't you be gate keeping?" I asked of  Zhou. "And you, shouldn't you be back at your cottage?"

Both turned to me and then back to each other, silent for a full minute before Tatia turned towards me with a pout.

"Can't we stay?" she asked. "You rarely let us do what we want."

"Because you are too dangerous to let loose permanently. You will return shortly."

Tatia looked at me with a pout still when suddenly her eyes widened. She looked around my body, as though she was inspecting something.

"Have you been regaining your memories?"

I nodded to which she sighed.

"Seems the spell has been undone."

"What spell?"

"The one you asked me to do to take away your memories... It seems my sister has done more than poison you when she gave you that pudding you so love."

"I thought you said your spells are unbreakable to her." I pulled up a brow, barely noticing my Beta, Gamma and Delta enter the room.

"Well... it is unbreakable... but the mind is bendable." she made a bending motion with her hands. "All I did was bend your memories a little, sending them to a cavity in your mind that you never use... It seems my sister did the same process, sending the memories into your dreams..."

"That's just fucking swell, isn't it." I dragged a hand down my face. "Can you fix it?"

"No, a caster an use this spell only once per person. It is a dangerous craft, that is why it is so restricted."

"So I need to find another caster as soon as possible."

"I'm not sure that would be a good idea. Tampering with your mind again could have more permanent effects."

"Such as?"

"Well, at the worst... you could die."

I felt one of my eyebrows shooting up. "And...?"

"At the not so worst... You could go feral again."

"I see." I turned towards the three waiting males. "I'll be going on a run. Make sure everything is ready in an hour to receive the others."

They nodded in unison as we walked down the porch steps. I looked at the barely peeking sun, knowing it was just before six in the morning.

"Are the other Alphas up yet?"