24

Sooooooooo I decided to give you some more of Victoria's past.

******

"Ya think the girl'll be all right?" asked a voice I did not know.

"I'm not sure, the eye seems to have been damaged when the fuckers threw that shitty stuff on her." another voice said, and I felt something touch my face. "I have to say, though, she's a fast healer. Bloodline must have been strong."

"She might be blind in that eye now. They got silver right in her face." this voice sounded somewhat familiar.

"Explains the blood she's been coughing." the second voice spoke again.

"Is this the one they've been pumping full of that shit for the past seven months?" a new voice asked. "Heard they had to increase the doses every few weeks just to keep the beast in control."

My consciousness lurched forward when the wolf finally gave up her hold. I was at the front again for the first time in a few weeks, and I was at a loss for what to do. I sat up almost instantly, and regretted it as my head spun and blood rushed. I took a deep breath and coughed it back out, blood coming from my mouth into my hand, silver dust lacing the blood and burning a little into my hand. I stared at it with my eye wide, the realization slowly setting in that I could only see with my right eye. I reached up and touched cloth bandages. I cringed when I remembered what had happened.

The wolf had been born strong, but had been living a life void of any attacks or cruel things until the day our father forced that thing inside of us. And even after we had been smart in avoiding attacks until we were captured.

Another realization hit me as I sat staring at the blood in my hand. My mate. I had seen him.

It had escaped my mind for quite a time as I used every ounce of my energy in order to keep my wolf under control for as long as I could. But now I was sitting, calm and collected, and with no sign of the wolf nor the beast fighting me for control. He had been handsome and I had followed him around for a while before he finally saw me. I had wanted to know what kind of man he was before I would approach him, scared that he would be a sick rapist and murderer my father had been. 

Arc, they had called him.

I sighed as realization told me that it would take a while before I could escape here, if that was even a possibility. I had no idea whether my mate would come looking for me at all, so I placed no hope on that. After all, he'd only seen me once.

I looked up to find the blue haired stranger staring right at me with concern. Next to him stood a large man with an intimidating build, his burly arms crossed over his chest as he looked at me as well. A woman with sharp features stood against a wall further back, her eyes predatory and snake like as she looked me over. Holding her was a man... No, he is a wolf like myself... with thick and dark curls hanging down to his shoulders. And against the furthest side stood the very same crazed vampire, blood running down his chin as he sucked what seemed to be the tenth bag of human blood dry. I looked down to see bruises and fresh cuts lining my body, and bandages covering my left shoulder and chest.

"Where am I?" I managed to croak out.

"In the cells they send us to after orientation." the woman answered me.

"Orientation?"

"The initial process they put us through to see how we react to the drugs. Though you were the first wolf they kept there for more than a month and put into the dome immediately after orientation." she seemed to tilt her head.