14.

Victoria Featherstone

"Alpha..."

I tried my best to ignore the voice tapping at my mind. It was still early in the morning, but I was rather busy with the paperwork that the rogues had submitted to me to legally initiate them into the pack. It was a crucial part of adding people to your pack. I leaned over to take documents from the two males in front of me. Typing the most crucial details into my laptop, the website for werewolf packs only accepting the new data into the system.

"Alpha..." The voice called again.

Continuing my work, I barely looked up when one of the young females brought a tray of coffee. The mug placed next to me was lifted to my lips within a moment and I sipped on the dark, bitter drink. I held the mug, glancing at the girl and nodded in appreciation towards her. She smiled happily.

"ALPHA!"

The mug in my hand shattered and cut into skin.

"WHAT?!" I could feel my teeth elongating slightly in agitation. The two males before me stiffened.

"Uh... Erm..."

"Speak up."

"We have a slight problem with the set-up for the gathering." His voice was sheepish this time.

"I'm coming, William."

I stood, watching the two males do the same. One of the two was the male I had conversed with the previous day. He wasn't particularly bothersome, and it seemed as though he refrained from devouring me with his eyes as he had done with our first meeting. The other male was much more respective and was at least mated, with three kids. The fact that his family survived alone out there for fifteen years was commendable.

They followed me to where the others were busily working with the set up of a large tent that would house the Alpha Summit tonight. I walked over to where William, his father and Damien stood next to a tree, seemingly contemplating something amongst themselves. Walking up to them they turned their attention to me.

"What's this big problem?"

"Alpha." They bowed in sync towards me. The collective feelings of respect and malice seeped from the three of them. I knew for a fact where the malice came from, but ignored his glare completely.

"This tree is in the way. My father suggested to cut it down, but Damien insists that we will be going against what our Alpha values."

I sighed and looked around. I took a tent pole from the ground and walked over to a spot that looked well enough. I drew a large circle and tapped the ground inside the circled.

"Dig a hole. About two metres deep. Make sure to make the sides straight." I told his father specifically, Ferdinand turning red with anger almost immediately. I quite enjoyed irritating him.

"Why the h..."

"Hop to it, little pet."

He let a growl slip through his clenched teeth, stopping when he noticed my excitement at the sound. It was practically childish how much I enjoyed beating the snot out of disrespectful males, especially one who regarded himself as Alpha, even if it was short lived. I cocked my eyebrow and tilted my head a little, waiting and watching to see if he would attempt to gain more interest from me. He muttered something and grabbed a shovel near him.

I looked over to a group of young males, some of them newly recruited rogues. I nodded my head in Ferdinand's direction and they immediately complied. Smiling I turned back towards the tree. Rolling my head around a few times, I felt my vertebrae snapping in and out of place. I sent a wave of calm throughout the pack, earning confused looks from males and females throughout the pack that stood around. I had to do it, this was the first time that I would show my true form in front of them, after all.