three

In which she lives the school life.

•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•

Mirae groaned as she tried to eat her food with the temporal cast on, but eventually gave up. She stabbed her fruit in a violent way and ate it, her mom raising her eyebrows at her behavior.

"Don't be mad at the food, Mirae," her mom said, "it's not its fault that you decided to hurt your own hand."

"Sorry mom," she whispered and tried to hold the fork with her right hand.

Miyoung chuckled at younger sister's failed attempts to eat with her weak hand, "It's funny watching you eat with your left hand, but it's hilarious seeing you fail with your right hand."

Mirae gave her sister a dirty look and quickly stuffed the last piece of her fruit. She gulped down her juice and stood up, thanking her mother for the food before going to brush her teeth. Once she lamely finished, making sure her hair was presentable in her usual ponytail before going to her room for her bag pack.

She went downstairs and decided to check on her dogs before saying goodbye to her parents and sister. She threw them flying kissed through the window since they were in the backyard and rushed out, keys and phone in hand. She checked Jeongin's message once again and went to the usual bus stop, three blocks down her house.

She squinted her eyes when she saw a boy standing alone, yet she couldn't see his face clearly. Luckily, the boy saw her and she knew it was Jeongin, based on the hand he raised up. A few steps ahead she saw the younger boy's face clearly and she smiled at him, waving out as well. "Good morning, Jeongin."

"Good morning, noona," he smiled sweetly but it faded when he noticed the black temporal cast on her hand. "What happened to your hand?"

"Nothing serious, don't worry," she shrugged and removed the cast, showing her clean hand. As she placed it back on, she explained to him: "My hand was hurting, and the doctor said a while ago to use this whenever it hurt to prevent another ligament strain."

Jeongin nodded and then pointed something down the street, "Look, the bus is here."

Once the bus stopped in front of them, they both went in and sat together on the third row. They spoke about the previous night and he expressed how amazed he had been while watching Mirae bowling.

"I just wish that if we all ever go out bowling again, I can be on your team."

Mirae chuckled and patted his knee, loving the cute smile on his young face.

Sometimes Mirae was amazed at how young Jeongin looked some times, but how grown-up he seemed whenever he was caught singing his favorite trot songs. He was an interesting boy, having a cute face but an old taste for songs.

The bus ride soon came to an end, meaning they had arrived to school. Mirae couldn't stop herself from scrunching her nose in disgust at the sight of the school, but got out of the bus followed by Jeongin. She waved him good bye and she went up to the second floor, where her classroom was.

As she walked past the students she barely could see their faces, so she tried to pretend being busy on her phone to avoid any uncomfortable hellos with someone she might not even recognize well. She reminded herself that her sort-sight was going on for one more day, since her glasses would be back the next day after school was over. She had to hold on for 24 more hours. She could do it.