fifty pt. 1

Goodbye my love.

•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•

I will miss you the more I erase you
I will shed more tears than today
Like fate, I won't ever have anyone like you
Only you, only you
As much as my tears, I hope you are happy.

You will think of me at least once.
That's all I need,
until the day we meet again
I'll wait,
it's only a momentary goodbye
Good bye my love.

•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•

Saying goodbye to Nora had been even harder than telling Chan, Changbin and Felix altogether.

The major difference between both encounters had to be without any doubt the amount of tears that had been shred. With the boys, the closest one to tearing had been Chan, yet he had managed to hold himself back; and Felix had cried a bit too, but nothing compared to what his soon-to-be girlfriend Nora cried.

The half-Latina girl had held eye-contact with Mirae for three exact seconds after taking a look at the half-empty living room of the Choi's household. At first, Nora had assumed it was a normal moving-to-another-house kind of situation since it's completely normal moving out to a better house in one's lifetime. However, within a second on observing Mirae's troubled face as she watched Nora observing the space, she had realized it wasn't just any moving out situation, but a more serious one.

Besides, she had been through it already, so she knew what Mirae's look meant, and Felix's gloomy expression too.

"You can't leave!" Nora had cried as she held Mirae tightly under her grip, holding her as if she was going to disappear in thin air. "I don't want you to leave, Mirae. I don't—I don't want you to leave. Please—please."

"I'm sorry," Mirae could only whisper, feeling her heart breaking slowly and one piece at a time.

It had started breaking the moment her parents told her the news; then it broke a bit more when telling Felix, then two small pieces falling together as she told Chan and Changbin, and it had broken a bit more when holding Nora's crying form, unable to say anything that could calm her down.

"It isn't like there's no internet, okay?" Mirae told her friend as she held the door for when Felix and Nora had to leave, balancing herself on one feet as the other kept bouncing nervously. "We can keep in touch, even if I answer fifteen hours late."

Nora let out a restless small smile before hugging her friend again. "It won't be the same... but that's better than nothing, right?"

Better than nothing...

It was four in the afternoon by the time they both had to leave, and ever since they walked out of the door until dinner time at about eight—because her mom had been too busy packing up the things on the main bedroom so her father offered to cook—Mirae had not stopped packing things from the living room.

At one moment, while waiting for her dad to call them to eat, she plopped down on the couch with a long sigh, resting her head on one of the cushions. More than tired from packing up and moving the boxes around, she felt numb. Watching the house getting slowly packed up made the reality slap her twice as hard.

She even considered going on strike against moving out, but after taking a look at her stressed-up parents she realized she couldn't do it. She didn't want to be another worry to them, no matter how much she didn't want to leave. Her love for her parents was bigger than to be another burden.