Uncomfortable Interviews

•Finnick's POV•
I walked out of my house in a charming outfit and ran up to Brook.

"Brook! Brook please!"

I barely got to finish my sentence before Clayton threatened to kill me. Why? I didn't know.

Brook finally agreed to talk.
Long story short, I asked why she all of a sudden hated me and she explained that she knew my secret. The one I've been hiding from her for nine year. Well, more like six.

I felt terrible and regretted but she wouldn't listen.

"I love you Finnick." She said causing me to smile.

"But i can't do this anymore."
She took the ring I gave to her the day of her games and placed it in my hand.

"Come on. We have an interview to attend."

She turned around and walked away. I slowly and silently trailed behind.

I lost her. I really lost her.

•Brook's POV•
Before I knew it, we were in stage.

Finnick and I sat on the couch but not close.

"Aww. Brooklynn Westbay and Finnick Odair. My favorite couple from different districts." Caesar Flickerman announced.

Finnick and I fell silent but nodded as a greeting to him.

"Oh...is something wrong?"
Caesar asked.

"We just...we're having problems."
I said.

Finnick shot his head up.
"Yea, she broke it off."

The audience gasped.

I looked at him in disbelief.
"At least I didn't make a p-."

I stopped talking.
I still loved Finnick.
I couldn't expose him like that.

He had sadness written all over his face.
What had I done?

"Well I'm sorry to hear that."
Said Caesar sadly.
"Let's move on. Finnick, what do you think about the Quell announcement? About going back into the games?"

"Well Caesar..." he looked at me.
"I don't know what to think of it.
Having to fight for my life again.
And Brooklynn's..."

I wanted to smile.
I wanted to grab his hand and kiss him. I smirked.
I had to hide my sadness that was drowning me. I took a deep breath and acted like my cocky self either an attitude.

"I see, I see. And what about you, ms. Westbay?"

I looked at Caesar with a face that said: you know I don't like being called that.

"I'm sorry...Brook."

I smiled. "Thank you. Anyway, what do I think about the Quarter Quell announcement?" I looked at Finnick. "I'm kind of pissed about it, honestly. I mean, I would think that if I won the games six years ago, that I'd live my life happily at home, doing Victory Tours, having interviews. But now I have to fight for my life. Again. Kill more people. Even the people I love the most."

I wanted to take the last part back so bad. Now Finnick knows I still love him. Everyone does.

"But ya know. You wanna win, ya gotta kill."
I winked at the audience as they grew silent.

"Well," said Caesar, his bright green hair glowing. "The reapings are in what? Two days?"

Finnick and I nodded in agreement.

"How about we have Finnick for his personal interview?"

I waved and walked away with no more words. As I walked back stage, my face grew sad again.