Chapter #6: Seiryuu

Aria POV

We woke up pretty early the next morning so we decided that the sooner we leave, the better. We packed up our things and walked towards the mountains. I was very tired today, more than usual. I hope walking will wake me up a bit more. We walked for very long and nothing really happened. At all. Until some hours later.

We were just walking, minding our own business when Kija and Hak tensed up. Me and Yoon stopped and looked at them in confusion. All of a sudden, Hak took my arm and pulled it so that I was standing between him and Kija. Hak removed the cloth from his spear and Kija started to remove the bandages from his dragon arm. Then I heard the bushes behind me rustle. I turned around only to see a man starting to stand up there. I backed up a bit and saw more men coming out behind the trees. More and more men came out from behind the trees and one started talking.

"Look. They have two women and weapons that look like they could fetch a high price" He said, smirking. Am I invisible? No, I'm right here. They started to walk closer to us and when they where one meter away from us, Hak started swinging his spear and Kija attacked the men with his dragon arm. Yoon grabbed me by the arm and ran to a nearby bush to hide. I took out my bow and arrow and looked for someone to shoot.

No, I'm not going to kill anyone. That's very rude.

I saw a man that was about to ambush Hak. I pulled back an arrow and aimed for his arm. When he jumped forward I let go of the arrow. It cut his hand and he retreated. That's right bi—

My thoughts were cut short when I felt someone grab my arm. Naturally, I screamed, more out of surprise than pain. Hak and Kija turned around and ran towards me. They killed the guy behind me and I fell to my knees. Damn, he scared me.

"Are you okay Aria?" Kija asked worried and took my arm in order to inspect it. I nodded and looked around. All of the men were gone. After we - err, I - calmed down a bit, we continued walking toward our destination.

~Time skip~

We arrived at a village a bit before sundown.

"Kija?" I asked and he closed his eyes.

"He's definitely here. His life force is strong" Kija said and looked at me. We went towards a cave that was located by the village and saw many people wearing masks.

"Who are you? What business do you have in our village?" One of them asked. Because of the masks, I didn't know who it was who said it so I couldn't really turn to anyone. I just tried to look at all of them at the same time.

"We are looking for someone called Seiryuu. Is he here?" I asked. When I mentioned Seiryuu's name, they started whispering with each other. Then they turned back to us.

"We know of no one with that name. Please leave if you have no further business with us" One of them said. Oh really? Then would you like to tell me why my scaly friend here CAN SENSE HIM HERE YOU—-

"I see, then I'm sorry for the trouble. We must have come to the wrong place. Could we stay here for the night?" I said, keeping my thoughts to myself. For now.

They looked at each other before nodding.

"Yes, follow us please. Sadly we can't offer any food or medical help since we are a very poor village. But don't go into the tunnels. It's very hard to find a way out if you aren't used to the system" One of them said and we all started walking. Very hard to find a way out, eh? Maybe for these people behind me, but I'm the master of getting around in unknown environments. Mazes fear me.

We continue walking a while before arriving in a room with four beds. The masked villagers excused themselves and left. We pack up our things make preparations for nightfall. When we were done I sat down on a blanket. We decided to eat some snacks for dinner that Yoon had in his bag.