Princess

"Obbbby" Aventurine whined.

"Yes, Aventurine" Obsidian said reading a book on the couch.

"I wanna play a game with you," He said sweetly. Obsidian just nodded.

It had been a few days that Aventurine was around and already Obsidian was getting tired of his presence. It was constantly having to be a knight or a servant for Aventurine and no in-between. Hopefully today it'd be something that he could handle. Aventurine sat next to Obsidian and laid his head on his shoulder. He sat thinking of the perfect game for the two of them to play.

"Obby I want to have a tea party," He said finally coming to a decision.

"Okay Aventurine," He said calmly not moving from his book.

"Obby you have to make the tea," He said annoyed. Obsidian looked up from his book. He usually would try and argue with Aventurine but a tea party didn't sound half bad.

"Alright I'll make some tea as long as you set up the table," He said nicely.

"Do we get to use the fancy cups?" Aventurine asked happily. Obsidian nodded as he went to the cupboard to grab a tea bag.

"Oh yay, yay, yay. I love our fancy cups, I'll also grab my tiara" Aventurine said as he rushed to a different cupboard to grab the cups. He rushed into Moonie's room and got the tea table and his tiara.

He pulled the table into the living room and grabbed small chairs for them to sit at. He also laid out the nice cups and went to a cabinet to get the cookies for the party. Obsidian stood at the stove watching Aventurine run around setting everything up excitedly. Days like this warmed Obsidian's heart, it was so sweet to see Aventurine having fun. The teapot started to whistle and Obsidian turned on his heel and took the pot off the burner. He let it sit on the counter to cool a bit as Aventurine finished setting up. Aventurine, once the table was set grabbed one of the teddy bears that Obsidian had gotten for him at a fair. He gently placed the bear on a chair and sat down next to him. Obsidian grabbed the teapot and gently set it on the table and grabbed sugar for the tea. Aventurine cleared his throat and turned to Obsidian. Making his voice sound fancy he took Obsidian's hand in his.

"It's very nice to meet you Mr.Huppleworth," Aventurine said shaking Obsidian's hand.

"Very nice to meet you too, Princess Aventurine," Obsidian said gently kissing the back of Aventurine's hand. He giggled happily from this and started blushing.

"Oh you are too sweet Huppleworth" Aventurine said still giggling sweetly.

"I think you've forgotten something very important princess," Obsidian said.

"Oh dear, what did I forget?" Aventurine said looking around at the table.

"Your pretty tiara, princess" Obsidian said standing up to set the tiara on his head.

"I'm so silly for forgetting it," Aventurine said burying his face in his hands.

"Well now you're even prettier, princess," Obsidian said smiling at Aventurine.

"If you keep making me blush the tea will go cold," Aventurine said moving his attention to the teapot. "And where are my manners we forgot our other important guest," Obsidian turned to look at the teddy bear sitting at the table with them.

"Pleased to meet you Snuggles," Aventurine said directed at the teddy bear. "Now we can have our tea," He said excitedly.

"Let me pour it for you, princess" Obsidian said kindly.