Gifts

Blue Moon Quartz woke up with Heliotrope holding her close against his chest. She smiled seeing his peaceful face as he slept. Very slowly she shimmied her way out of his grip and slipped off into the kitchen to cook breakfast for the two of them. Today was also the day before Valentine's day and Blue Moon had planned to go to the store to get a box of chocolates for him. Nothing too special but she knew he'd be happy to get a gift. Blue Moon Quartz grabbed some potatoes, eggs and bacon for today's breakfast. Heliotrope was always keen on a heavy breakfast and she already knew he'd be overjoyed to wake up to the smell of bacon cooking.

Blue Moon Quartz was getting plates set out for the two of them and before she was about to call for him he walked out. His hair was all over the place and was rubbing his two left eyes tiredly. He smiled when he saw Blue Moon placing the food on the table for them. She smiled brightly when she saw him and hopped over to give him a peck on the cheek.

"Good Morning Helio," Blue Moon said happily.

"Mornin' sugar plum," he said kissing the top of her head. She giggled sweetly. "Made a big breakfast today didn't yah," he said sitting at the table.

"Well it's the day before Valentine's day so I thought I might as well spoil you". She said.

He laughed softly. "You're as sweet as a cherry pie, angel," he said in his country drawl.

The two spent their morning together eating and socializing. Heliotrope absolutely adored Blue Moon Quartz. She was everything that was perfect to him. She was always so happy and cheerful and even when she almost tripped on everything and forgot about most things it was just so endearing. Her long tangents about what would seem like nothing to anyone who didn't know her were the just cutest thing to watch. The two of them were sitting on the couch watching the morning cartoons that she had insisted upon watching. She right now going off about the impracticality of being able to fly fast if your only superpower was flight. He smiled listening to her and rubbing one of her arms.

"....y'know if you're not a fast walker you're not magically gonna be a fast flyer, you get what I'm saying," She said turning to him.

"Course I do darlin, all these shows are just darn silly," he said.

"I think I'm just over thinking it," She said smiling and turning her attention back to the T.V. She leaned her head against his chest while watching the TV and was ready to take a nap even though they had only woken up a couple hours ago. Immediately she remembered how she had to go shopping and she hopped off the couch.

"I almost forgot how I need to get stuff for dinner tonight" She exclaimed going to grab her purse.

"Awh babe. Why dontcha just stay 'ere all day huh" Heliotrope whined.

"I could but.... No I want to make a stew and I don't want to get everything too late" She said. "I promise I'll be home as fast as I can"

She bounded out of the house onto the beach. She passed her hand over her head and her scarf formed from light and pulled her up under it. She tried to place her other two arms behind her as best as she could. She hated going out and having everyone see her arms but there wasn't much she could do about that. If she just avoided as many people as possible in the store she'd have no issues.

Heliotrope sat on the couch thinking of what he could do for his honey pie. He sprawled out on the couch with a leg hanging over the edge tapping the ground. Chocolates were always a safe pick but he had gotten that for her last year. Flowers were also an easy choice. He could also always get her a more fancy gift tomorrow before they go out on their date. The florist too was never asked about him having four eyes so he decided flowers it is. He got up and patted his back pocket to make sure his wallet was there. Before stepping out of the house he passed his hands over his eyes and his visor appeared to cover up his eyes.

Blue Moon Quartz grabbed a cart and pushed it through the grocery store. Going into the vegetable section she picked up carrots and onions. Having two extra arms made this much easier than it would normally. She could hear out of earshot a little girl and her mom.

"Momma look at that lady, she's got four arms!" she exclaimed.

"Be quiet honey, it's rude to be making comments about that" Her mom said.

"But she does mummy look!" The little girl pointed.

"Stop I see them honey, it's not nice to be yelling and pointing at her"

Blue Moon Quartz felt extremely awkward as she was grabbing everything. The one thing she hated about going shopping by herself was that everyone made comments about it. Damn she wish she had long hair that could cover them up but no of course when Moonie and Aqua have to fuse she gets short ass hair. As she continued to mentally curse herself she quickly grabbed all the veggies for tonight and quickly moved off onto getting the meat. Sometimes she really hated humans.

"Howdy Angie" Heliotrope said walking into the small flower shop.

"Hello Heliotrope, coming in to get flowers for your girlfriend" The lady behind the counter asked.

"Yep, I wanna get the biggest, prettiest flowers you got for my lady," He said with a big smile.

"You know most people come in on Valentine's day for flowers," she said.

"Sure but I wanna make sure I get the best flowers. If I come in tomorrow all the super nice one will be gone. Can't be havin' that." He explained. Angie just laughed and went to grab a large bouquet of pink and red roses.

"Will she like these" The lady asked holding them up. Heliotrope had the biggest grin on his face.

"Oh gosh, my darlin' will absolutely love em," He said happily.

He bought the large bouquet and left the store with a hop in his step. His blue moonie would be so happy to have such nice roses in the house.

Blue Moon when down to get the chocolate box for Heliotrope. A plain old heart-shaped box with whatever chocolates were fine by her. She honestly wanted to leave the store as fast as possible and get home with her sweetie. She set the chocolates into her cart and went over her mental list. Something was missing but she couldn't put her finger on it. She had about thirteen things counted out so held out three of her arms in front of her. Then it popped into her head, she couldn't forget the wine for tonight. She hurriedly went to grab a random bottle of wine that looked fancy enough for a stew dinner. She went up to the cashier and bought everything.

"Would you like any help with your bags?" the cashier said not seeing her other arms at first.

"Oh no I'm fine thank you," She said with a big smile and grabbed all her bags with her four arms. The man eyes went wide and watched her leave the store. That wasn't normal right.

Heliotrope was putting the roses in a vase and filled it up with water. He set it on the center of the table, also while he was out he got her a little card, one of the ones that play music when you open it sure. Sure it was corny but she'd love it. He went to clean the dishes from this morning as he heard the door open. He smiled to see Blue Moon Quartz setting the groceries on the counter. Her eyes went to the roses on the table she sighed happily.

"Helio you didn't have to get me anything," She said as he pulled her into a hug.

"Sure I did. What kinda boyfriend would I be if I didn't get my girl flowers" he said looking down at her.

"Well I got you something too when I went to the store"

"Honeybee you really outdo yourself y'know," He said smiling. She smiled back and reached into one of the bags to grab the box of chocolates. His eyes went wide when he saw them.

"These are my favorites too!" He said excitedly. He picked her up in the hug. He leaned up and gave her a long kiss. When the two pulled away he gently set her back on the ground and blushed.

"I'm taking you like it," She said.

"You know I love chocolates hun," he said "You just keep making this day betta"

"I love you Helio," She said sweetly giving him another kiss.

"Love you too darlin'"