04

JAEYOUNG'S POV

" hey, is hyunjin still messaging you? " kim minhee, my best friend, asked me as she sat down and placed her stuff down in front of me.

" umm, yeah. " i answered.

" have you heard? "

" heard what? " i said as i looked up at her.

she sighed as she sat down in front of me.

" lim eunji- "

" is saying that hyunjin is her boyfriend? yeah, heard about that. "

she looked at me with a confused face. i just raised an eyebrow before i continued reading the book i was holding.

" i thought you'd be mad. " she said.

i looked at her and laughed.

" why would i be? it's not like i, umm, like him, right? "

she just looked at me. i sighed.

minhee knows me too well. she knows when i'm upset, when i'm annoyed, when i like or hate someone. and she knows i'm lying.

hwang hyunjin is the most popular boy in school, and i am just an ugly, dumb and fat girl that nobody even knows.

my brother, jisung, may be famous too but that doesn't mean i am. he and his friends are hand-- wait no, only his friends are.

" jaeyoung, there's no need to lie. almost everyone in this school like hyunjin. " she said.

" that's the problem. almost everyone likes him. does someone even like me? i don't actually know what hyunjin wants from me and why he's talking to me on snapchat but once the school knows that i'm talking to him, rumors may spread. "

minhee crossed her arms.

" they'll only do that because they're jealous because you're talking to hyunjin and you're-- "

" ugly, fat and dumb. " i continued her sentence.

she sighed.

" you don't have to be insecure. "

" but just admit i'm fat. "

" your weight is normal, really. if you say fat, look at nari. " she said as she looked at nari who was sitting a few tables far from ours.

kye nari is probably the fattest girl in school. i honestly don't like saying that. it's bullying. but, well, they say truth hurts.

" don't bully nari, minhee. " i told her.

" fine, sorry. just stop saying you're fat. "

" i feel like i am. "

" but you aren't. "

" but-- "

" do we have to fight about your weight like every single day? "

" i like it anyway. " i said as i laughed.

suddenly, somebody slammed both of their palms on the table. and that nobody is none other than the one and only han jisung.

" shibal. " i sweared under my breath as i held my chest after getting startled.

" did you just cuss? " jisung asked me.

" no. " i said as i glared at him after startling me.

" what do you want? " minhee asked him.

" my sister, of course. " he answered.

" that sounds wrong-- i mean, what? "

" hyunjin wants to talk. "

minhee and i looked at each other before i looked back at jisung again.

" why? it's not like we're so close. "

" he just wants to say that the rumors aren't real. "

" yeah, of course. the rumors are not real. "

" he likes you. "

suddenly, someone covers jisung's mouth. it was hyunjin himself. he was blushing so hard. i've never seen someone that red before.

then the rest of his friends come and carry him out of my sight. i just looked at minhee, a bit confused at the same time shocked and surprised.

" we better go to class. " i said as i wore my bag and carried my books.

minhee just nodded and followed me to our room.