27

my felt my senses come to life like i've fainted when i didn't. my vision was very blurry but it slowly focused.

i found myself in a room, all alone. a spotlight shone above me. i was wearing a white dress. i had no clue why.

i slowly stood up and turned around.

" h-hello? a-anybody here? " i said, but my voice just echoed.

" jaeyoung? " i heard a familiar voice call me.

i immediately turned around and saw hyunjin. he was walking towards me. he smiled at me softly.

i opened my mouth and was about to say something but someone else called me. i turned to my right and saw seungmin. he also smiled at me softly.

but both of their soft smiles turned into dark glares when they saw each other.

" h-hyunjin? s-seungmin? " i said.

i was about to step out of the spotlight and go to hyunjin but i felt the darkness sting me.

" jaeyoung, you can get out of there unless-- "

" unless what?! " i yelled, cutting off seungmin.

" unless you chose between me and hyunjin. no boths, no buts. " he continued his sentence.

i started to panic. i was confused by my own thoughts and feelings again.

" what will happen after i chose one? " i asked, trying to sound stable but failing because my voice was shaking.

" the one you didn't chose will die. die because of pain and jealously. " hyunjin said.

both of them handed their hands out. i looked at both of them and then i looked down. but before i could i answer, i was awoken.

" jaeyoung! " jisung screamed as he hugged me tightly.

" w-w-what happened? " i asked, very confused of the situation.

" you were shaking and you sounded like you were about to cry. " dad said as he held my hand tighter.

" and you mentioned hyunjin and seungmin. " mom added.

my heart began to beat faster. i didn't know if it was a nightmare or a dream. it was confusing. everything was confusing.

" i need air. " i said.

i stood up and took my phone with me to the backyard. i sat on the chair under a small umbrella near our pool. the air was slightly cold but it was fresh.

but my mind kept recalling about what happened earlier. i decided to call minhee and tell her about what happened. maybe it'll take my mind off it.

" minhee? "

" jaeyoung? jisung just messaged me about what happened. "

" i-- it's just-- can we meet? "

" of course. let's meet up at the mall. "

" ah, wait. "

" what? "

" i'm so sorry, i forgot. "

" forgot what? "

" i'm supposed to meet with hyunjin and do some photography with him. "

" oh, maybe he'll take your mind off what happened. it's okay though. "

" i'm so sorry, minhee. "

" no, it's okay. maybe you spending time with him will make you decide. have fun with him~"

then she dropped the call.

i sighed and looked up. i didn't know if i should go out anymore. i just wanted to lock myself up in my room.

" sweetie, can we talk? " my mom asked as she placed down a glass of water on the table.

" sure, mom. what is it? " i said, not even looking at my mom.

i drank the glass of water slowly, trying not to choke.

" jisung told me about your situation with hyunjin and seungmin. he said that you've been confused? sweetheart, i think i can help. "

" but how, mom? even minhee can't help. i can't even help myself. "

she sighed but she tried not making it obvious. she held both of my hands and smiled at me softly.

" jaeyoung, it's your feelings. of course, you don't know it yet because you haven't digged down deep yet. to know your true feelings, you must test yourself. and not just yourself but them too. "

i looked down. " so you mean i should go out with hyunjin today? "

she slowly nodded, the smile still on her face.