13| Chapter Thirteen

ALEXI

My eyes fluttered open. The TV was switched off and the rest of the room was in complete darkness. The other lights I had switched on earlier was also off leaving everything dark. My heartbeat started to increase as fear washed through my body. I gripped the blankets tighter as my eyes darted around. It was just like that night I was attacked. Finally finding the courage to sit up, I reached forward to search for the remote. Instead my hand closed around the phone I had dropped earlier. The screen lit up with the press of a single button. I used the light from the screen to find the remote. It was lying on the floor in front of the couch. Quickly picking it up, I pressed the button. The TV didn't turn on. What the hell is happening?

I cautiously stood from the couch and made my way towards the wall where the light switch was. I flicked it on and off a few times but nothing happened. I didn't know how to feel at the moment. I was alone in the big house in complete darkness. A thud came from upstairs.

“Slade? Fury?” I called as I stepped into the foyer.

My voice echoed the around the walls. I felt tears pricking my eyes as I caught a shadow in the doorway. Maybe my mind was paying trick on me? Maybe it was my imagination and the shadow wasn't really there?

“S-Slade?”

“It's okay baby,” he said softly. “It's just a power cut.”

“Where's Fury?” I asked as I took a small step closer.

“He's outside,”

“Why?” I pressed a random button on the phone before raising it to flash the light on his face.

He was smiling down at me but the smile didn't reach his eyes. I frowned at him. Opening my mouth, I was ready to speak again when the phone started ringing. Both our eyes dropped to the device in my hand.  

“Hello?” I answered softly.

“We're on our way home now. We'll see you in a few minutes,” Fury said softly.

My eyes snapped up. I could feel the blood draining from my face as I stared at the man in front of me.

“F-Fury?” I swallowed, “There's someone in the house that looks like Slade.”

“Lexi?” The static on the phone made it hard to hear anything that was said after that.

I felt a gust of wind before I smelt it. The stench of death suddenly filled the air making me gag. A second later the phone went dead cutting off my only connection to the twins.

“Alexi?” The man in front of me spoke softly.

I stepped back as he stepped forward. It took a few seconds for the thought to snap into place. If this was really Slade he would've been able to hear who was on the phone. He wouldn't have called me Alexi and he definitely wouldn't smell like the fucking dead. My back hit the wall. Slowly raising my hand with the phone, I held it up in front of me before pressing a button. The screen lit up. I screamed letting it drop to the floor as I run. My hand closed around the door handle of the front door, but before I could open, it was thrown open. Another scream fell from my lips as the most disgusting thing I've ever seen, darted to me. I tumbled backwards and a second later it was on top of me with his face directly above mine.

“You are as pretty as master says you are,” he snarled, sniffing my neck before pulling back.

I stared up at it with wide eyes. His eyes were glowing bright red and his teeth were sharp and yellow. A drop of saliva dropped from his wide mouth onto my chest. I whimpered, clawing at the floor as it started to burn my skin.