27| Chapter Twenty Seven

ALEXI

The room was completely silent. We haven't spoken a word since the realization of what had been done. We were lying on our sides on the big bed. Slade had his arms wrapped around my body while he gently licked my neck. A shudder racked my body when he licked a tender spot. It caused him to groan. Our bodies were still locked together and I was aware of the fact that he had bitten me.

“I marked you,” he whispered. “Not deep enough to bond you to me, only enough to show everyone that you belong to us.”

“We didn't use a condom Slade.”

He was silent for a few minutes before he mutter; “I know.”

I gripped his hand tightly that was resting on my stomach. We should've taken precautions. Like Fury had stated earlier, we couldn't take the risk of me getting pregnant. Not without knowing who was trying to kill me. What if I get pregnant? What are we going to do?

“Slade-”

The bedroom door burst open before I could finish speaking. Fury entered the room with a grim expression. His eyes were instantly drawn to us on the bed. Slade had tensed slightly behind me when his brother stepped closer. For a second his eyes trailed over our bodies and then he tensed. I saw his eyes darken.

“I didn't pull out,” Slade said softly.

“Shit.” Fury span around as he ran a hand through his hair. “This is bad.”

“W-what’s the chances of me getting pregnant from this?” I whispered.

Neither of them said anything. I squeezed my eyes shut as fear washed through me. Them not saying anything meant that the chances were big. I could get pregnant from just having sex once.

“There's a chance that she won't get pregnant.”

“No Slade. She was a virgin. She was untouched and that makes the chances bigger.” I heard him suck in a deep breath. “Fucking hell.”

“I can take the morning after pill.”

The brothers fell silent. I opened my eyes when I felt the bed in front of me dip. Fury reached for one of my shaky hands.

“It's not going to work princess. We're not human. Our sperm count is a lot bigger than your humans. Besides that, the knot is made to ensure pregnancy.”

* * * *

The warm water was beating down onto my tired body. I felt extremely numb. Placing my hands on my lower stomach, I sucked in a shaky breath. I could be pregnant. I wasn't ready for a baby. Neither of us were. What if someone tried to kill me again? What if I'm pregnant and they kill the baby? I slipped down the wall to the floor. Pulling my legs to my chest, I finally allowed the tears to drop. We weren't ready to start a family.

When the tears finally dried, I stood from the shower floor and washed my body. I stood under the shower for a few more seconds before closing the valves and getting out. Wrapping the towel around my body I walked out of the bathroom. My steps flattered when my eyes fell on Slade. He was sitting on the edge of the bed with his eyes focused on the wall, but he turned to look at me. He padded the space next to him on the bed. I hesitated for a second then walked forward to take a seat next to him.

“I'm sorry Lexi,” he whispered. “I wasn't thinking.”

“It takes two to tango,” I muttered, risking a glance up at him.  

“It's no excuse.” He reached out to grip my hand. “I don't regret what we did, but I do regret not taking precautions.”

“You don't want a baby?”