37.

When it was time to go out with Cole for dinner. I was nervous. I didn't know what to expect. After my shower I was looking for something to wear but it didn't help that I didn't know where we were going. I mean it's just Cole. I don't think I need to get really dressed up but I shouldn't go for leggings. I threw on a nice top and some jeans and flat ironed my hair. Someone knocks on my door and I hurry to slip on some shoes. I walk to the front and Cole smiles at me.

"Hey" he says and I smile at him. "You look nice"

"Thank you" I laugh

"You ready?"

"Yes, let me grab my purse" I say going to my kitchen counter to grab my purse. We leave my apartment and went downstairs. There Cole's car sat and he opened the door for me. "Thank you" I laugh getting in and he gets in on the other side. He starts the car and the radio comes on and he starts to pull out of the parking lot.

"I hope you don't mind... I made you dinner" Cole says and I look at him.

"You made me dinner?" I asked and he glances at me.

"I'm sorry... we can go out. It was stupid" he laughs.

"No... Cole. I'm sorry, that's awesome. No let's go have dinner at your place" I smile and he laughs.

"Okay good" he says turning up the radio. I stare at Cole and smile at him. I bite my lip and looked out the window. When we arrive to Dylan's and Cole's apartment, I try to think of the last time I was here. "You okay?" he asked and I look at him.

"Yea" I said opening my door. I follow Cole up to the apartment and he unlocks the door. When we walk in the smell of pasta covered the room.

"Smells good" I say taking off my shoes.

"Thank you" he laughs walking into the kitchen. I glance down the hall at Dylan's door and it was shut closed. I turn around to lean on the counter as I see Cole dump spaghetti on our plates. He places garlic bread on the side and I follow him to the dining room table.

"When was the last time you sat at the table?" I asked and he laughs.

"Never. This table is used for beer pong" he says and I laugh.

"Thank you for dinner Cole" I said picking up my fork.

"Yea, of course" he smiles and I started eating. "It's too soon, huh?" Cole asked and I look at him.

"Too soon for what?" I asked.

"Jo... now that we're back home. And things didn't work out with you and Dylan..." he says and I look down.

"Cole..."

"Just let me take care of you. I can show you the way a guy is supposed to take care of his girl" Cole said and I look at him.

"It's moving too fast. Dylan and I just broke up"

"You guys really were never truly dating" he says.

"I mean..."

"Okay. Just let me know something. Do I have a chance with you? Because if you're going to hold onto what you and Dylan were, then cool. I'll leave it alone, but you know how I feel about you" he says and I stare at him. I look down and continued to eat. I mean he does make sense but at the same time. Didn't we literally just get back from Miami? Cole continues to eat and I watch him.

"So if I said yes what does that mean? You will take me to your bedroom and we have sex then after you start treating me like a jerk or what?" I asked.

"What?"

"I mean Cole come on. You brought me back to your place. You make me dinner then what? Dessert?" I laugh and he stares at me.