Why do you hate me?

Matthew POV.

Today's the day where Carter and I are going on our mission. We are being sent to Los Angeles a few miles away from where we are now. I got all my bags and put them in my car. I heard my phone ring and looked at the screen. Carter lit up on the screen.

"Hello?" I answered.

"I'm sorry about that one night," she said referring to our little movie night. The memories of last night flashed in my head. The kiss was one of the best I ever had. Feeling her lips on mine felt so natural. But when she turned me down my heart broke a little.

"It's fine," I lied.

"Can we forget what happened and just focus on the mission?" She asked. Why is she trying to push me away?

"Yeah," I said disappointed.

"Thanks! I'll see you when I get there! Bye!" She said and hung up the phone. I walked to my car and got in. I started the car and went off to work.

"Hey Missy!" I said when I walked in. She was at her desk starring at her phone.

"Earth to Missy," I said waving my hand in front of her face. She jumped and and stared at me with big eyes.

"What?" She asked.

"I just wanted to say hi, what are you reading?" I asked looking over her desk to where her phone was.

"Nothing," she said quickly snatching the phone from the table.

"Tell me," I begged.

"Um... Um Carter was texting me," she stuttered.

"Yeah sure," I said rolling my eyes.

"She, ugh, told me about your kiss." She said.

"Hey Missy, hey Matthew!" Carter said walking into the building. I looked back and waved.

"Dr. Fennel wants to talk to us before we leave," Carter said.

"Let's go," I said looking back at Missy who was now attached to her phone again.

"Do you know what's wrong with Missy?" I asked walking next to Carter.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"She's been starring at her phone," I said.

"So? Everyone stares at their phone," she said.

"But I asked her what she was reading and she stuttered and told me she was texting you," I said.

"That's strange, I haven't texted her all day." Carter said confused.

"Do you think she's hiding something?" I asked.

"I have no clue," she said. We got in the elevator and went up to Dr. Fennel's room.

"Good morning sir," I said as we entered the room.

"Good morning," he said as we sat down.

"So I have some folders with more information on this guy." He said handing us both folders.

"Um, sir, I still don't understand why we have to pretend to be couples. Why can't we just be friends?" Carter asked.

"Because Matthew has to hold on to you the whole time and friends don't just hold hands all the time. He'll know something is wrong."

"Well good luck on your case, please don't mess up this time." Dr. Fennel said.

"Yes sir," I said and got up and left with Carter.

"Why do you hate me so much?" I asked when we were out of the room.

"What are you talking about?" She asked.

"You asked him why we can't just be friends. Why are you pushing me out? And why do you want to forget the kiss?" I asked.

"First of all I was just asking a question and that kiss was a mistake." She said walking away. My heart broke a little when she said the kiss was a mistake.

We got out to the car that we have to take. It's a black van with dark windows but not the tinted kind of windows. I put my stuff in the back and helped Carter with hers.

"Why do you need so many bags?" I asked.

"I'm a girl, looks matter." She said walking to the passenger seat.

"Ready?" I asked starting the car. She nodded and we were on our way.

During the ride we didn't talk. It was pretty awkward but Carter wouldn't talk to me.

"We're here," I said looking up at the hotel we were staying at. This hotel was like a resort. So beautiful.

"Wow," Carter said looking up at the huge building.

"Let's get inside," I said opening the car to get our stuff. Once we had everything we went inside. As we walked my eyes grew bigger. The walls were ocean blue with a beautiful chandler hanging above our heads. The lounge area has tan couches with a flat screen tv.

We went to the sign in desk and checked in.

"Here are your keys! Enjoy your stay at Paradise Inn!" The lady smiled handing us our keys.

"I didn't know it was going to be this nice," I said smiled.

"Me either," she said amazed by the surrounding around us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Sorry it took so long to update!!!