Friends with Benefits

Carter POV.

My hands were shaking as I sat and waited to take my morning shower. Today was the day we had to meet the guy. I'm very nervous. I'm not that good at acting.

"Matthew hurry up!" I yelled knocking on the door. He was taking forever in the shower. Just then I heard the water stop. Thank God! A few minutes later Matthew comes out with only a towel around his waist revealing his tight abs.

"My eyes are up here, sweetie." He laughed. I quickly ran into the bathroom so he wouldn't notice my blush. What's wrong with me? Why did I look? I turned on the water and stripped from the cloths that I was wearing.

The hot water hit my skin, making my body relax. Today's the day. I hope this mission is quick I can't get attached to Matthew. Not after what happened in my last relationship. Before the thought of my last relationship came to my mind, I thought back to the day we got here. Mr. Fennel told us he's a matinees guy. Why wasn't he out helping us? And why didn't we ever see him?

I finished up my shower and got out. I put on a floral white top with bright pink shorts. Instead of wearing something bland I decided that I should go out my comfort zone. As I stepped out of the bathroom Matthew looked up from his phone. His eyes scanned my body as he smirked. Pervert. He was wearing tan tight pants with a white button down shirt.

"You look nice," I said putting my dirty cloths in a bag.

"You do too," he smiled getting up.

"Shall we go?" He asked.

"I have one question to ask before we go," I said.

"What?" He asked.

"Why wasn't the guy at this hotel when we got here?" I asked.

"I don't know, but we'll find out." He said taking my hand into his. I took a deep breath to try and settle down. My heart wouldn't stop racing.

"Calm down, Carter." Matthew said squeezing my hand.

"I can't, I don't know how to act." I said truthfully. He got in front of me and looked me in the eyes.

"Think of it as friends with benefits," he smiled.

"You're such a weirdo," I laughed.

"No but seriously think of it as friends with benefits without the sex part," he smiles. Maybe he was right. It would make it easier if I thought that way instead of thinking we're a couple.

"Thanks," I smiled as we continued down the hall.

"Where are we even going?" I asked as we got into the elevator.

"Well there's this room that Dr. Fennel told us to go to before we start. I'm guessing he's going to tell us where the guy is." He said.

"What room?" I asked as the elevator headed down.

"The basement," he said pointing to the button he clicked. After a few minutes of listening to boring elevator music the doors slid open revealing a huge dark room. There were pipes all around the ceiling dripping some type of liquid. It looks like what you would see in movies. At the end of the room was a Missy standing there. Why is she here?

"Missy?" I asked making sure it's her.

"That's me!" She said back with a smile. We walked towards her.

"So I'm here because I'm going to give you more information about where the guy is." She said answering my thoughts.

"Okay continue," Matthew said.

"The guys name is Jacob by the way," she said showing a picture of him. He was a young dude to my surprise. His hair was brown and swooped up kinda like Matthews. His eyes were hazel and looked tired.

"He's young, I know." Missy said reading my mind again.

"Anyway he's on a break for 2 days that's why you didn't see him the day you came. But, he comes back today. So after I'm done talking to you will go upstairs and talk to him. Then you ask him to hang out later. If he rejects then try again tomorrow but I doubt he will considering you're with a girl." She said. Matthew looked at me with worried eyes. What's he so worried about? We already know that he preys on girls.

"Got it?" She asked looking at the both of us.

"Yeah," I said getting nervous. Matthew relished and intertwined our hands together. Missy looked down and rolled her eyes.

"Let's go," Matthew said and turned around still holding my hand. We walked into the elevator and Matthew clicked the button to go up to the lobby.

"Remember think of this as friends with benefits you'll relax more than if you try to act like we're a couple," he said squeezing my hand in reassurance. I smiled and looked back at the doors as they open to reveal a beautiful lobby.

"Okay let's find this guy," Matthew said walking out. Everywhere we looked we couldn't find the guy. Then I turned to my right to see a guy looking at me from across the room. He was wearing a nice black suit.

"Is that him?" I asked Matthew. I didn't want to point because he was still looking.

"Yeah let's go over," he said leading the way over to him. His hand tightened around mine as we got closer to Jacob.
Jacob kept his eyes on me the whole time we were approaching him.

"Hi, I'm Carter." I smiled up at him.

"And I'm Matthew her boyfriend." Matthew said.

"I'm Jacob, do you need any help?" He asked.

"We were wondering if you would like to hang out with us," I said.

"Um why?" He asked nervously.

"We're considering moving here and we would like to have some friends to help us around and make us feel at home," I smiled.

"Oh cool! I wouldn't mind hanging out," he said.

"When's your lunch break?" Matthew asked.

"An hour from now," he said.

"Perfect, we'll meet you down here so we can go to lunch together," I smiled.

"Okay, see you then." He smiled. We walked out of the hotel still holding hands.

"He's still looking," I said while turning to Matthew.

"I know what will make him look away," Matthew said with a smirk. Before I could question he placed his lips gentle on mine. I was shocked at first but then I went with it. Our lips moved slowly against each other. Electricity went through my body. His warm lips were soft against mine. My arms wrapped around his neck tangling my fingers in his hair. His hands snaked around my waist making shivers run down my spine.

"Get a room!" An old lady yelled while walking past us. We looked at each other and started laughing. I looked to see if Jacob was looking and he wasn't.

"He's not looking," I smiled up at Matthew.

"I told you it would work," he smirked.

"Yeah but you didn't tell me we were going to kiss." I said with a blush remembering the kiss.

"If I would you might have not kissed me," he said. I probably would have missed out if he told me. That kiss was something. I've never felt anything like that during a kiss. The way our lips moved together in perfect sync. No, Carter, you can't start developing feelings for him. After this mission you're nothing to him.

"Let's go walk around," I said while taking Matthews hand. He seemed disappointed of me not answering him but I would have hurt him either way.