The Nacklace

Carter POV.

"So what is our plan?" I asked Carly and Matthew.

"I don't know, we don't know what he is capable of." Carly said.

"He could be loaded with guns," Matthew said.

"You're right but we need to stop him before he goes after another woman," I said.

"We know, but we'll have to talk about it tomorrow. I have to go." Carly said getting off of the stool she was sitting on.

"Okay," I said and walked her to the door.

"Thank you for helping us," I said.

"No problem, I want him away from you as soon as possible. I need to know that your safe at all times." Carly said. I gave her a big hug. When I let go she had something in her hand.

"What do you have in your hand?" I asked. She opened her hand and in her palm laid a necklace. The necklace has a gold wire wrapped around these two pieces of titanium.

"This was your mothers necklace, she said it always have her good luck whenever she wore it." Carly said handing it to me.

"It's beautiful!" I said with tears in my eye. My mom always wore this necklace.

"She left at my house before she died. I was on my way to your house to give it back," She said with tears filling her eyes.

"If I didn't wait so long I could have saved her life!" She said hiding her face in her hands.

"It's not your fault!" I said hugging her as my eyes started to fill with tears.

"It is! I wasn't doing anything all that day. I thought about coming earlier that day! But I waited and she died because of me!" Carly said crying.

"She didn't die because of you, she died because my dad killed her. There are so many times where I think that I could of saved her. But the only person to blame is my dad because he's the one who decided to kill her." I told Carly holding her shoulders and looking in her eyes.

"That is why I'm out trying to get my dad. He was the one who killed my mom and it wasn't our faults. We can't do anything different. Yes, we do but we can't. We have to move on with our life's." I said.

"You're right." Carly said wiping her eyes.

"I love you, Carter!" She said hugging me one last time.

"I love you, too!" I said. She parted and went on her way. I closed the door and slid to the ground. Today has been a long day. I sighed as Matthew walked into the room.

"That was a great talk you have Carly," Matthew said helping me up.

"You were listening?" I asked slightly embarrassed.

"Yeah your voice is quiet," Matthew said hugging me.

"I'm tired, Matt." I said looking up at him.

"Let's go to bed," He said pecking my lips.

Carly POV.

I walked out to my car after Carter talked to me. When I opened the door a hand pushed it closed. I tried to look up but I was blindfolded. The person tied my hands and threw me in the back seat.

"Let me go!" I cried out.

"Shut up!" The person hissed. Chills ran down my back. Please Lord help me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know it's short and I know I haven't updated in forever!!!!!! I'm so sorry! I've been so busy with finals, school work, dance, and other things!!! I will try really hard to update more but I got in trouble for my grades going down and can't be on my phone as much!!

I love all of you!!!!!!!