~ Chapter 2 ~

Steve's p.o.v

I saw some kids on the outskirts of the facility. I alerted Natasha and Thor and they went with Fury to investigate. I was told to keep watch on the monitors so that I could tell Fury if they had moved. I watched as they approached the two kids... who looked an awful lot like me and Buck. 

"Bucky, come here," I yelled, and in a few seconds, Bucky was sitting in the chair next to me. 

"What's up?" he asked. 

"Those two kids, don't they look a lot like us?" I asked curiously while looking at my friend. 

"Yeah, they do... I feel like I might have met them before," he said while examining the image of the children, "But it can't be..." 

"Can't be what?" I asked. 

"Nothing," he replied then a plum that was in his pocket and started to eat it. What was it that Bucky knew and I didn't?

I saw as the girl put up a good fight with one of the guards then get knocked out by Natasha and bought into the facility to be put into a cell. Bruce went down to do a DNA test on the teens so we could find out who they were. I just waited in the monitor room with Bucky until Fury called us and the other Avengers for a meeting. While we all gathered, I could see that Tony and Bruce were giving curious glares at Buck and I, as if we have done something. They knew who those kids were and I wanted to know as well.

Everyone gathered at the table and Fury gave a nod to Tony. He stood up and brought up the file of the boy. 

"Harvey Jason Barnes, is one of Hydras spies sent out to retrieve James Buchanan Barnes after he escaped a short while ago. He is the child of James Barnes with an unknown mother. He was trained with another agent Brooke Stevie Rogers, child of Peggy Carter and Steve Rogers." 

All eyes were on Bucky and I, we were all in shock. 

"Peggy never told me..." I said, very confused. 

"There was a lot of things she never told anyone," Fury said, revealing a letter that was inside his black coat. 

I opened it and started reading the message to myself. 

"What is their mission now?" Thor stepped in. 

Tony replied, "Their mission was to retrieve Captain Rogers from when you froze in ice. I assume that they both got frozen in time so that they could continue the mission of theirs and now that James has joined SHIELD, I assume that they also sent the pair to get him too." 

I looked down to the edge of the table just trying to process everything that was just said. 

"Are you alright Cap?" asked Clint. 

"I have a daughter," I replied with tears in my eyes. 

I was so happy, worried, angry, sad and disgusted at Hydra for training children just to turn them against their fathers. I stood up and left to go to the cells where they were being kept, I wanted to give my daughter a visit. 

"Cap," Nick called out.

"Yes," I replied, "you can't tell her that you're her father." 

"Why can't I?" I asked sternly. 

"If those kids find out they might turn further against you. You see, she thinks you abandoned her." 

"But she is my daughter!" I argued back. 

"You and Tony are friends... you turned your backs on each other and look what happened." Fury concluded.

 The whole room was silent. 

"Alright, but I hope you know what you are doing Fury," I said. 

I then left to go see Brooke, Bucky stood up and walked down with me. 

Brooke's p.o.v

I woke up in a glass-cased room on a comfortable bed. I looked around for Harvey and I found him in the cell opposite me. I got up out of the bed and tried calling out to him, but my head was still in a lot of pain. 

I rubbed my eyes and slumped back onto my bed just looking up at the ceiling. I then heard the door of my room open, a man who was wearing a brown leather jacket, white top and grey jeans, walked in and sat on the end of my bed, he sort of looked a little like me. I curled up and sat in a ball at the head on my bed against the wall corner and stayed on guard. 

"I'm not going to bite," he replied with a comforting smile. 

"Who are you? Where am I?" I asked observing him and looking around the room. 

He looked at me and said, "I am Steve Rogers, others call me Captain America or Captain." 

Same last name squad over here! Come on Brooke, get back to your mission. I can get Captain right now and take him back. I lunged towards him to take him down but I just couldn't. I leaned in for a hug. We hugged tightly for a while then he let me go, it was the weirdest thing I have ever done. 

"You are in the Avengers Facility," he replied. I nodded, I already knew that. 

I wasn't quite sure what to do. I looked over into Harvey's cell, and he was with a man with a metal arm. 

Bucky! 

"You and your friend put up a decent fight with the guards," Cap said. 

I wanted to know what he was trying to do and I'm a little uneasy, and he could see it, so he put his arm around my shoulders and made sure I was alright. 

"May I please speak with Harvey?" I asked looking through the glass to where he was. 

"Yes sure, alone?" he asked. 

"I think so," I replied and looked up at him. 

Steve stood up and walked out of the room and into Harvey's. He started talking to Bucky and then they both left the other cell with Harvey following them out. 

Harvey ran into my room and pulled me into a hug and asked, "was he nice?" 

"Yeah... he seemed really nice, as if he knows me. And you! You got to see Bucky! I know we are supposed to be capturing them, but how was he?" I asked back, excitedly. 

"He was great, seemed a lot happier," Harvey replied, "way happier." 

We both looked down at the cell floor, longing for that same happiness. 

"What if we tried fitting in with them? You know, see if we can become Avengers," I blurted out. 

"Are you nuts? McCaucan would have us hunted and brainwashed!" insisted Harvey. 

"Yeah but only if he can catch us," I smirked while giving a cheeky wink. 

"Okay shit head, but I hope you know what you're doing," he laughed back giving me a light punch in the shoulder. 

"Language!" I teased. 

Out of all the people in the world, I'm glad that I am around at the same time as Harvey... I'm very lucky.