~ Chapter 12 ~

Brooke's p.o.v

I followed Harvey to a large glass room where all of the Avengers were sitting. Steve looked over at me and smiled. I smiled back and walked over to where he was and stood behind him because there were no more chairs. 

"Okay Avengers," Tony started, "We have been trying to get rid of Hydra for years and we need to get rid of them once and for all. Now that we have Harvey and Brooke we will be able to track and fight them more easy." "So what is the plan Mr Stark?" Peter asked from the corner of the table. "The plan is to sneak Steve and James in with the kids and then they can start attacking from the inside. While they are doing that, the rest of us can ambush from different points around the base. We can't let anyone live to keep Hydra alive so we will need everyone here to help take them down." Tony finished. "The only thing we need to know now is where the Hydra base is... Brooke, Harvey do you know where it is?" Tony asked. Literally everyone was looking at Harvey and I and for a second I forgot how to speak English. "It is in Germany somewhere, I think in Rastdorf near the sea, right Brooke?" Harvey answered while asking. "I think so," I replied. "Jarvis, look up the grid for Rastdorf and see if there are any old buildings that might be a Hydra base," Tony asked Friday, "Brooke, are there any good entrances to the base?" Tony asked me. "Ah-h-h, there's quite a few, but I think the main entrance would be the better one because then most of the agents there will go off guard when they see us with our missions," I replied nervously. "Alright, so we all know what our role is?" Tony asked, "I'll take that as a yes. Our mission will take place on Saturday the fourth of August." 

The Avengers all got up and there was small murmurs going around the room as everyone was leaving. I was listening in to some people's conversations and I heard mentions of  my name, "is someone going to tell Brooke?" Natasha asked Bruce. "So they are actually going to have their first mission, do you think they will turn against us?" Wanda asked Peter. "I know you have my pop tarts, Clint," Thor whispered to Clint. Ohhh so that's Clint, I should thank him when I can. I watched as the people left one by one and wondered what S.H.I.E.L.D was keeping from me. They have a file on me and people and making small talk about me? What am I missing? I pondered to myself. I walked out with the crowded group and saw that Harvey and Steve stayed behind to talk to Tony. I thought that I would take this chance to get my file.

Harvey's p.o.v

Steve asked me to stay behind and talk with him and Tony once everyone had left. I agreed and waited. We watched Brooke leave then started to talk, "Are we going to tell her?" I asked hopefully. I can't stand keeping a secret from my best friend. "No we can't. I for one don't want to see her reaction when she finds out that Steve is her Dad and no one at S.H.I.E.L.D had come to save her," Tony replied pointing at Steve. "She isn't dumb, Tony. She will find out sooner or later. We should have told her when we found her," Steve said looking stressed, "are we ever going to tell her?" He asked as hopefully as me. "You will have to take it up with Fury," Tony said seriously. "Steve, Tony, I think the only way we can tell her is when she has warmed up to you. She looks fairly comfortable around you two but she is still very suspicious. We need to lay low." I said just as seriously as Tony. "Do we plan on giving her a cookie?" Tony asked sarcastically. Steve and I both gave him the 'we are so done' stare. "So I've got one week to warm up to her that might result in being effortless?" Steve asked me. "It's the only way Cap. If you want to at least attempt to keep your daughter, this is the safest route," I finished while nodding reassuringly. Steve started to leave and Tony shouted out, "I hope you know what you are doing." "I'm doing what I should have done a long time ago," Steve replied slightly turning his head then leaving. "He's going to tell her at the Social isn't he?" Tony asked me still looking out the glass where Steve just left, "I believe so," I replied.

Brooke's p.o.v

I walk up to Steve's room and look either side of me to make sure that no one is watching. It seems all clear so I duck in and go straight to the desk where the files are sitting. I quickly pick them up and take them into my room. I close my door and sit on my bed with the files\

 resting on my lap. I still can't believe that they have a whole file on me. I go to take out the first page when I hear a knock on my door. "Hello Brooke, may I come in?" a new voice asks. I jump a little and shove the file under my bed and stand up to open my door. I turn the knob and see a very pretty woman close-ish to my age. She holds out her hand to introduce herself, "Hello, I'm Wanda." I smile and wonder whether I need to introduce myself or not. I end up just standing there awkwardly until Wanda asks me a question, "you excited for your mission?" "Yeah I'm looking forward to it... So, how did you become an Avenger?" I ask trying to keep up a conversation. She gives a half nervous half relief laugh, "Well, long story short, Tony created a robot called Ultron who kind of adopted us but we eventually chose to help the Avengers." "We?" I asked, "who was the other?" She started to weep a little, "my twin brother Pietro but he died taking a bullet for Clint," Wanda cried. I could feel her pain, "Oh Wanda, I'm so sorry," I said putting my hand on her back as she cried. I pulled her into a hug and comforted her for a bit. "Thank you Brooke you have a lot of compassion for a Hydra," she said wiping away her tears. "I wasn't always a Hydra," I replied supportingly and a little offended but I knew what she meant. "Well I need to go train, I'll catch up with you later Brooke," Wanda said standing up and leaving. I still can't get over how pretty she looks. 

I turn back around to my bed and go to get the file but I got interrupted again. "Hey Brooke, I was going to go for a run with Sam. Want to come?" I look behind me and see that Steve has asked this question. I really want to read my files but I also don't want to let Steve down. "Sure," I replied regretting my decision but happy enough that I can be with Steve. Steve nodded excitedly and left the room. I don't know what it is but I feel a real connection with Steve. I get ready for the run and leave the file under my bed.