~ Chapter 9 ~

A/N - I am so sorry for not publishing in aaaaaaaaaggggggggggeeeeeeesssssss! There's no excuse. I am sorry, also I am absolutely in love with this photo of Steve and Bucky!!! I hope you are all enjoying the story xx 

Brooke's p.o.v

I woke up in the clothes I wore at the gym last night and I let out a huge yawn. I looked over at my clock; 6:55. Darn, I hate waking up at that time. I can't get back to sleep because I won't be asleep for long but I need the extra 5 minutes to get through the day, ugh, oh well. I stretch out my arms and take a big breath in through my nose and I smell something. It smells very nice. I roll out of bed and walk into the kitchen to see what the smell is.

When I enter the kitchen / lounge room, I see a few of the Avengers up, including Peter. I smile at him and he smiles back. I go over to the kitchen and take a good look at it, everything has been modernised. I didn't get a very good look at it last night but looking at it now has just made my head spin. "You're coffee, Mr Stark," said a black machine. I glare at the machine and back away from it while holding a frying pan I picked up from next to me, I don't trust this kitchen now, it can talk. Tony got up from the couch and came over into the kitchen where his coffee sat. I watched him pick up the coffee and I gave a very confused look at him. "Technology," He said to me. I nodded but I still don't trust that coffee machine. On the other side of the kitchen stood Thor looking at the toaster, "This machinery will not bring forth my food. I demand my food metal box!" he yelled at the toaster. "Oh Thor," I sighed then walked over to help him with the toaster. "Thank you Brooke, I will have to tell Loki all about this 'toaster'," he chuckled and patted me on the back. I laughed and wondered who Loki was. Anyways, I decided to eat some oats and milk with some yoghurt for breakfast and I went over to the table where Peter sat.

"I don't trust that coffee machine," I told Peter, he couldn't take me seriously, "it creeps me out. One minute there's no coffee and the next there's coffee in a mug," I said with a blank expression on my face. "You certainly have a lot to learn Brooke," Peter smiled, "well, I got to go and be 'the friendly neighbourhood spiderman'. See you later," he said and walked out. "Goodbye Spidey," I said saluting him before continuing to eat my breakfast.

When Peter left, I could feel my star burning up again and I started to think.

What am I even doing right now? I am meant to be on a mission to take Steve and James back to the base. I can't be here, I should just get the two of them and call McCaucan to come and collect us. No, no I can't do that, he's such a cinnamon roll. He's so gentle and nice, I can't bring myself around to doing that. But I must, it was what I've been training my whole life to do. McCaucan will end me if I don't complete my mission... What do I do? 

I quickly wolf down my food and stand up to take my bowl to the sink. I start to walk down the hallway and I knock on Harvey's door, I need to talk to him.

While I wait for the lazy bones to answer the door, I let out the loudest hiccup that I have ever done, he then opens the door, "should I call you hiccup now Rogers?" Harvey asked with his eyes half open, "what's up early bird?" he finished while rubbing his eyes. "Harvey, I need you to be seri-*hiccups*, serious," I let out. "Okay what's up?" he asked. "I feel like I am being controlled by my mind, I keep hearing a strange voice inside my head that is te-*hiccups*-lling me to get through the mission," I told him. "Brooke, you need to shut off that voice, we belong here, we finally have true family with us," he reasoned. "Yeah I guess... wait, family?" I asked.

Harvey's p.o.v

"Well, haven't you thought that SHIELD has been a lot nicer to us than Hydra ever was? I want to stay here hiccup, I like it here, I finally have a positive connection with the people here," I told her. "You *hiccups* know what? One; I need to get rid of these *hiccups*, ugh them, and two; you're right. I should stop being so paranoid. Thanks Harv," I thanked. "No problem. Oh and don't do anything stupid to get rid of those *Brooke hiccups*, them," I laughed, "what do you mean? You have all the stupid with you," she smirked back. I love how she's my best friend. I closed my door and let out a sigh of relief. She could have found out the big secret, her relation to Steve. I walk over to my bedside table and open up the top drawer. I take out the letter that my dad gave me from Peggy to Brooke and Steve. I silently read it to myself again.  I hate keeping this secret from her and she is such a smart, beautiful, stubborn and logical girl, I don't know how all the agents are going to keep this a secret from her for long. Wait did I just call her beautiful? Harvey, you can't be catching feelings for your best friend. I shake my head and fold the letter back up and put it back into the drawer and get dressed to go for a run, I need to clear my mind.