chapter 12

we get to the bikes and of course get split into two groups, those who know how to ride and those who don't. me, Hayes, Nash, and Jess all knew how to ride. Miranda and Chris stayed to get a lesson. we walked over to the giant field. we were the only ones here which was great. i got on my bike and started the engine.

we began to ride up and down the slopes. this brought back a water fall of memories about me and Emily. i shook them off and continued to ride. i rode up a slope and then landed gracefully. we rode for a while and then me and Hayes decided we would go mudding. it was loads of fun. of course we got drenched in mud but it was fun.

we returned to the building to give back the helmets and suits. we all got back in Nash's car and began to drive. "so, how was your mudding experience with Hayes?" Chris asks me. i look up and laugh.

"it was fun." i say, "it was pretty cool. and," i look over at Hayes, "Hayes fell like 5 times. it was hilarious."

everyone began to laugh. even Hayes. it feels good to be able to talk and not get beaten for saying the wrong things.we stop at the beach and we all get out of the car. i walk towards the beach with Jess and Miranda. we sit near the shoreline and watch the sun set. we all walk into the water until we are thigh deep and then we played around.

we began playing chicken fight where the girl goes on top of the guy's shoulders and the girls have to try to knock each other of balance. i climbed onto Hayes's shoulders and i got ready to battle.

"3! 2! 1! GO!" Nash yelled. we all came together and began to wrestle. i knocked over Miranda so it was only me and Jessica left.

"i'ma use my ninja skills on you!" she yelled and laughed. she put her hands in a silly karate position and we began to fight. wait, isn't Jess ticklish? i poked her stomache and she immediately lost her balance.