Chapter 31

I open my eyes. The sun shines through a window. I look around and see that I'm attached to a bunch of wires. I look to my left and see a boy. Just sitting there. I try to focus and then I recognize it's hayes.

He looks up at me and locks his eyes with mine. he stands up from his chair and kneels beside my bed.

"Hey." He says quietly.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"Your in a hospital." He says. what? no. I try to sit up but a sharp runs up my back. I cry out quietly. "No, Chris you have to rest. Okay?"

I nod. "What happened?" I ask.

"Well your dad attacked you and threatened us. So we called the police and they arrested him. He's in jail for 30 years. We won't be seeing him for a while. Anyway, you were hurt really badly so you were taken to the hospital. You don't remember anything?" he says.

"Not really." I say.

"Oh she's awake?" a doctor says walking into the room.

"Yeah." Hayes says. "But she doesn't remember what happened to her. I filled her in but, ya that's it actually."

"Okay that's actually normal. Um, she remembers the basics right? her name who you are?" the doctor asks.

"Yeah she remembers that kind of stuff just not what happened in the last 24 hours." Hayes says.

"Wait. What? why don't I remember anything? I know my dad was beating on me but why don't i remember" I ask interrupting.

"Well, you father kick you in the head pretty hard and you were losing blood from your arm. Not to mention all the shock you were in." The doctor says.

"So we called an ambulance and you were very weak." Hayes says continuing what the doctor said.

"We got you to the hospital just in time." The doctor says.

"Wait what?!" I say a little confused.

"We lost you." The doctor said.

"I-I died?"

"Yeah. usually when a person dies but is able to be saved like you, they have short term memory loss. You may or may not remember yesterday. All you need is rest and time." The doctor says.

I nod taking everything he just said in. So I was dead. That's great, not really.

"I'll leave you both alone. If you need anything click that button and a nurse will be here. Oh and visitors will be allowed but as long as you rest. I'll check on you later." The doctor says leaving the room.

"How are you feeling baby?" hayes asks me.

"Okay." I say tearing up a bit. Honestly, I am in the most pain. Everything hurts.

"Do you want to see Cameron or Nash? or any of the other boys?" hayes asks.

"I want you to stay." I say a tear rolling down my cheek.

"Oh, babe of course I'll stay. I won't leave. But if you want to see Cam or Nash you can. I don't have to leave." He says stroking my hair.

"I don't know." I say shakily.

"Oh come on princess. They are the most eager to see you. They were worried sick." He says.

"But I look terrible and I can't move." I say frustrated.

"Hey baby that's okay. Don't worry about it." He says.

"Okay." I say.

"I'll go get them."

He comes back with Nash and Cam. They kind if power walk to my bed.

"Oh thank god your okay." Nash says.

"Yeah. I was worried sick." Cameron says.

"You should've seen him when they said your heart stopped. He was almost as bad as Hayes." Nash says playfully.

I chuckle imagining it.

"Trust me. It wasn't pretty." Nash says smiling. "But the important thing here is your okay."

"Yeah. They said they'd let you out in a couple of days. Isn't that awesome?" Hayes says.

"Ya. Can't wait." I say smiling.

*2 days later*

"Okay here we are. Home sweet home."

Hayes says.

"This is still only a hotel." I say to him.

"You know what I'm doing all I can." He says jokingly. "Be appreciative."

I laugh. "Ookaay mom." I say imitating Kendall Jenner. He laughs.

"Shall we?" he asks.

"We shall." I respond smiling. I have to stay on crutches because my dad fractured my left ankle. God I hate him.

We enter the hotel and head to my room. I open the door and my mouth drops open while every person that I love is standing in front of me shouting welcome back.