chapter 20

i noticed that my in box was filling with hate. what the hell? why? i open the in box and see that i gained another 2000 followers and then as i scrolled lower i found the hate. i begin to read some.

'ewww. how could someone perfect like Hayes date someone as ugly and pathetic as her!'

'god she's ugly! she should just kill herself. no one would care.'

a tear rolled down my cheek. i close the app and lay back in my bed. what did i do to deserve this?! the door flung open and i sat up to see who it was. Hayes was standing at the door way.

"Chris!" he says half yelling half whining, " why the hell did you not listen to what i said. i saw your account and i saw all the hate and i can see that it's bothering you."

i looked down at my phone. "i didn't know people could be so mean." i said another tear rolling down my cheek. Hayes came and sat down beside me hugging me tightly.

"listen Chris. i'm not mad at you. i'm just worried. okay? i care, and if that isn't good enough then i don't know what is. okay?" he says. i nod in his arms. "babe, listen. i would delete this account if i were you. create a new one and make yourself private. then you'll know who your followers are. you'll have control." i nod again knowing he's right. he's always right though.  that's Hayes for you.

"you know you are really easy to love right?" i say backing out of his grasp. he laughs and i smile at the sight of this.

"oh Chris, i love you to." he says kissing my nose. i laugh. "just wondering, did it hurt?"

"what?" i ask confused.

"did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" he says with a goofy smile on his face.

"no, i dug my way up from hell." i say smiling back at him. he laughed.

"that's my girl."