Chapter 28

I flinch and slowly wake up realizing that I am still in Hayes's arms. He has literally locked me to him. But I guess I like it. I look at my left wrist which I had cut last night and see that it's a sticky bloody mess along with the sheets I was sleeping on and Hayes.

I move trying to see if I could free myself but he only pulled me closer to him. "Hey." He says.

"Hi. Can I go shower?" I ask pointing out my bloody hair.

"Okay. But you must know that your bathroom is a bloody mess. But don't worry, we'll clean it up later." He says.

I get up and run to my room. Jessica isn't there so. I guess that's a good thing. I hop in the shower and wash everything. Especially my hair. The soap stings my cuts a lot and I try to choke back the tears that have formed.

After I finish, I change quickly and walk back to Hayes's room. I walk in and he weakly smiles.

"Okay, I let you rest last night but now we need to talk." He says. His smile fading rapidly. I nod in agreement. "Alright Chris. Why did you cut yourself?"

"I, uh," I swallow hard and for some reason I can't find my voice. I clear my throat and breath out. "It was to much to handle. With my dad looking for me and the hate,"

"Why does that bother you so much? you know it's not true." He cuts me off.

"But it is Hayes. Every single word." I say a tear falling down my cheek.

"No, no baby don't cry." He says sitting beside me and squeezing me. "You are the most beautiful, amazing, kind, lovely, strong, and talented girl I know. And that doesn't even cover half the wonderful things you are." He says smiling at me.

"But you're wrong." I say. Tears beginning to fall down my cheeks. "I'm ugly and fat and stupid and I don't deserve you. I don't deserve any of this. I should've just stayed with my dad and gotten beaten on. Then this hate wouldn't have happened. I can't take it. My dad is out to hurt me and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm scared Hayes. I'm so scared and every second that I'm alone I become even more terrified than you can possibly imagine." I say now balling my eyes out.

Hayes holds me tightly and rocks me back and forth for a bit.

"See I think you're wrong. I will keep you safe from your dad and the boys and I will always keep an eye on you. We all love you so much. Me especially." He says.

"I don't know Hayes. This is all so complicated." I say calming down a bit.

"But it won't be. I promise. Now we should probably meet up with the boys and,"

"NO!" I say immediately. "No I can't see them. I don't want to. They all saw me last night and I just can't handle anything else. I can't. Hayes. Please don't make me." I say crying.

"I'm not gonna make you do anything. But you should know that I'm not leaving here without you." he says.

"No Hayes. You have Magcon tonight." I say kind of childishly.

"Nope. WE have Magcon tonight." He says.

"I told you I'm not going."

"Please come. You don't have to go on stage." He says practically begging me.

"I told you I didn't want to see the boys." I say again.

"Yeah well, they wanna see you." He says. This is bad. No this is really bad.

"Please no." I says ever so quietly. It was more of a whisper than anything.

He sigh and kisses my forehead. "You're not gonna be able to avoid them forever princess."