chapter 17

we hold hands as we walk. i follow him into a forest. "where are we?" i ask. he looks at me smiling.

"just keep walking," he says smiling. we keep walking and then i notice a tree house on one of the biggest willow trees i've ever seen. "here we are." he says. i stare in aw.

"oh my god," is all i can say. it was incredible. it was 2 stories with a door and windows.

"i built it with my dad. i used to climb up and pretend i lived alone. no chaos or annoying brothers. just quiet." he says. he looks over at me and smiles. i must have the dumbest face on right now.

"this is incredible." i say. he walks over to the tree, but i couldn't see an opening, and there was no way to climb it. the entrance must have closed or something.

"to get in you have to say the magic phrase." he says trying to sound like a kid. i laughed. "okay close your eyes and count to 10. okay?" he says. i nod and turn around.

"okay. open." he says. i turn around and saw that he wasn't there. "up here!" he says. i look up to see Hayes hanging over the railing. "like i said, you have to say the magic phrase to get up." he repeats.

"how'd you get up there?" i ask.

"magic." he says simply and then laughs.

"c'mon." i say.

"magic phrase. what is it?" he says laughing.

"um, please can i come up?" i say. that is what i know is the 'magic' phrase.

"nope."he says.

"aw, come on. give me a hint." i say. i don't want to stay down here much longer.

"fine, i'll just tell you." he says. i nod smiling. "repeat after me, okay?"

"okay." i agree.

"Hayes Grier," he begins.

"Hayes Grier,"

"is amazing,"

"is amazing,"

"and is by far the better Grier,"

"not to mention,"

"not to mention,"

"the greatest kisser,"

"Hayes! come on." i laugh.

"that's not what i said." he teases.

"not to mention the greatest kisser," i say laughing.

"and the sweetest,"

"and the sweetest,"

"most kindest,"

"most kindest,"

"best-est,"

"best-est,"

"boyfriend in the world."

"okay good not put it together." he says smiling. i laugh.

"Hayes Grier is amazing and by fare the better Grier, not to mention the greatest kisser and the sweetest, most kindest, best-est boyfriend in the world." i say laughing the entire time.

"hell yeah." he says smirking at me. "i'm not gonna tell you how i got in but i'll let you up."

"mkay." i say. there is really no way of winning with the one and only Hayes. he leans over the railing and reaches for my hands. i grab his and hold on tightly.

"okay, so what you're gonna do is trust me, okay?" he says. i nod. "okay, put your foot on the tree and push up. i pull you and you have to climb a bit. one, two, three." i do as he told me and he did what he said he would do. he helped me into the tree house and we sat down in little wooden chairs.

"i think i'm gonna make that phrase my password for everything, just so i can hear it over and over again." he says laughing.

"that's interesting," i say laughing.

"what?" he says.

"it's interesting how fast you seem to like me." i say.

"Chris, you're amazing okay? never forget that. it's not really that hard to fall in love with you." he says and then leans over and kisses my forehead.