chapter 18

____________

it's been 2 weeks since i first met Hayes and i must say, i really do enjoy his company.

"Hayes," i say standing at the bottom of the stairs.

"yeah?" he responds.

"i'm going out with Jessica and Miranda." i say.

"what?" he says. i sigh and climb up the stairs. i walk into his bedroom and he turns around to face me.

"i am going out with Miranda and Jess now. okay?" i say softly.

"okay babe." he says smiling. i begin to walk down the stairs when Hayes runs after me.

"wait, when will you be back?" he says.

"we are watching a movie and hanging out a bit. it wont be long." i say continuing to walk slowly down the stairs.

"hey," he says touching my shoulder. i turn around so i am facing him, "stay safe." i laugh.

"okay."

"wait one more thing!" he yells as i'm about to open the front door.

"what?" i say smiling, "you're gonna make me late for the movie."

he grabs my wrist and kisses me. "that's all." he says cheekily. i laugh.

"okay bye." i says opening the door.

"have fun princess." he calls after me.

i walk out of house and walk over to mirand'a car. we begin to drive while listening to talk dirty and jamming. we pull up at the movie theater and get our tickets to see divergent once again.

when the movie finishes i see that i have 2 unread messages. i open the first which is from Hayes. it reads:

hey bae. i wont be home until late. luv u! :)

i smile then open the next one. this one was from.....dad. i had to read it. i don't know why but i was tempted to. it read:

hey hun, it's dad again. i am going to capture your boyfriend just to see you. isn't that great? ha. anyway, if you ever want to see your little boyfriend again, i would come to the empty ally near the main street. see u soon!

i stopped walking and dropped my phone Jessica and Miranda stop as well and try to get my attention but i was frozen. they picked up my phone and read the text. immediately Jess called Nash and told him about the text. Miranda helped me up into the car and we all started driving. out of no where i flinch and i'm able to move again. i take my phone from Miranda and begin typing.

"what are you doing?" Miranda asks.

"if there's one thing i know about my dad is he likes to trick people instead of getting down dirty. i'm gonna text Hayes and see if he responds." i say back and continue to type. then i see that i'm getting a call. i open it and wait for the person to answer first. i didn't wait to see the ID so i don't know who it is.

"Chris?" it was Hayes.

"Hayes are you okay?" i say back.

"yeah i'm gonna meet you guys at home. Nash told me about the text. don't worry babe. i'll see you soon." the line went dead. we arrive at his house and run inside. Hayes is standing in the living room and he immediately runs over and hugs me.

"well you were right." Jess says to me. "if we had gone we would've been in some deep shit."

"yeah." i say.

"listen Chris, i know he's getting closer so we are gonna go on a vacation. well sort of." he whispers into my hair. i nod and hug him not letting go cause i'm scared of what might happen if i do.