chapter 15

i eventually fell asleep. i didn't dream though.

i woke up to a knock on my door. someone enters but i couldn't make out who it was. it was still dark. the person sits on the bed and sighs. the person turns on the lamp, light filling my room. i close my eyes and try to adjust. i look over to see Miranda.

"are you okay?" she asks. i squint and then shake my head. she hugs me, "listen, i talked to Hayes." she began. i pulled out of the hug and curled into a ball. i really don't feel like talking about him.

"i asked him why he was upset, and he said that he felt that you didn't like him. he told me that he was expecting you to say that you at least like him, but you didn't answer. listen, Chris, he really likes you." she explains.

"i literally just met him though," i say. i cannot think straight now.

"yeah, but, didn't you feel a connection when you met him? like anything at all." she says.

i sigh, "well, i guess, i don't know. i just, i am in a tough situation right now."

she nods. "so you like him though right?" she says smiling cheekily. i feel my face get hot. "you're blushing! you do like him!"

i laugh. "okay, ya. but i don't know if he likes me back."

"huny, huny! he loves you." she says. i laugh. and then lay down. "talk to him tomorrow and tell him everything. okay?" i nod. she gets up and leaves the room.

i stare at the ceiling. so he doesn't hate me. i smile.