chapter 10

after a while, i got up and went to go change. Hayes mentioned something about going boating today. i sighed. i am kind of sort of tired. ha, that's not a kind of sort of statement. that's reality. i changed into my bikini then covered it with a see-through blouse. i walked downstairs after i finished my hygiene stuff. ha i'm so weird. there was a knock at the door and Hayes came to open it. i couldn't see who it was so i decided to wait by the stairs.

Hayes closes the door then turns to me. "Chris, this is Chris and his girlfriend Miranda." he said laughing. i guess he thinks its funny that we have the same name. i smile i turn to them, "hey." i say. "so how about you and Miranda get to know each other better while we get all the stuff ready. Jess will join you both in a while." Hayes says smiling.

i nod and we begin to climb the stairs. we sat down and began to talk. me and Miranda sort of connected, then Jessica came and we all became practically a trio. they are hilarious. even though i just met them.

"so, are you and Hayes dating?" Miranda asks. i laugh, "noooo, we are just friends." they both laugh. "ya okay." Jess raises her eyebrows. i laugh, "i swear. i literally just met him." it's true i actually met him a couple nights ago. "alright fine, but he has a huge crush on you." Jess says and then turns red, "oh my god! i wasn't supposed to tell you." she begins to laugh. i feel my cheeks get hot. i am so blushing.

"so, i know you came from your dad, but what about your old friends? aren't they probably upset about you leaving?" Jess asks. i lower my head. i knew they would ask eventually. "well, i actually don't have any. i was banned from seeing them and was home schooled. every time i got a question wrong my dad would hit me." i sighed.

"well, don't worry about that, now you have us right?" Miranda says smiling. i nod and smile as well. i'm trying so hard not to break down but i feel like one day i'm gonna explode.