chapter 13

we all head back to hayes's house and chill for a while. then it got boring. i rest my head on the palm of my hand and look around. Hayes leans against my back and we all just sit there.

"okay, um, what do y'all want to do?" Nash asks. finally breaking the silence.

"how about truth or dare?" Chris suggests. we all agree and begin to play.

"Jess, truth or dare?" Hayes begins.

"dare." she says.

"i dare you to.." he pauses thinking, and then his face lights up,"i dare you to do the cinnamon challenge." everyone begins to laugh. she nods and picks up a spoon and the cinnamon. she pours it in and does the challenge. she coughs it all out all over Hayes and Nash.

"ha, she missed me!" Chris says smiling. Miranda looks at him with an evil smile. she pours cinnamon in her hand and blows it in Chris's face. he coughs and then laughs.

"ahh! it's in my eyes!" he yells. Miranda runs over to get water and then goes back to Chris. i look over to see everyone is dying of laughter.

"i'm so sorry!" Miranda says worriedly. Chris opens his eyes and blows cinnamon all over her.

"gotcha!" he says laughing. we were all laughing now.

"okay, c'mon. lets get back to the game." Nash says.

we walk back into the living room and sit down.

"argh! you got it in my hair." Hayes laughs. he shakes his head and cinnamon goes everywhere and not to mention all over me. i laugh.

"Hayes!" my voice cracked making the sound really high pitched. i laugh again and hit his arm.  he laughs.

"okay, okay. lets get back to the game." Miranda says smiling. patting off the cinnamon on her clothes.

"Chris," Jess looks at me. i nod. "truth or dare?"

i think for a second. wait, there's nothing to think about. i always pick truth. I'm not really a dare devil.

"truth." i say.

"okay, um, oh i've got a good one." she says smiling. "do you like like Hayes or just like him?"

i look at her and i run speechless.