Chapter 26

We have been flying for half an hour and Hayes and I have been completely silent. I have my ear plugs in so maybe he won't try talking to me.

I feel my ear buds gut pulled out of my ears. I turn around and see Hayes spinning my ear buds around in the air. "Are you done ignoring me now?" he says.

I sigh. "I'm not ignoring you."

"We'll it seems like you're upset. Your not talking to me." he says frowning a bit.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I'm just not feeling the best today." I respond.

"Talk to me babe. I'm here for you." He says grabbing my hand.

"It's nothing. Really." I say laying my head on his shoulder.

"Babe. Come on I know that something Is bothering you." He says sounding concerned.

"It's nothing I swear. And, um, I'm not sure I'm gonna go on stage for this show." I said keeping my eyes on my phone. He snatched the phone from my hands. I look up at him kind of frustrated. "Really?"

"Yes. Why aren't you gonna go on stage?! Lots of fans want to see you." He says. I grab my phone back and look down at it again.

"I don't know. I just don't want to." I say.

"How can you not know?" he says softly.

"I'm not sure. It's complicated." I say.

"Talk to me." He says.

"I don't know. It's just that when we were doing that YouTube video there was a comment that was really mean and I didn't know what to do. I mean there were like 2000 re tweets and 4000 likes." I say still looking at my reflection through my phone. I look up at him and see anger spread all over his face.

"Chris, don't let that bother you. They're just jealous. Don't worry." He says hugging me.

I scratch my wrists and sigh.

"Chris." he says sternly.

"Yeah?" I ask looking up at him.

"Pull up your sleeves for me." He says. He thinks I cut? I pull up my sleeves and show him my clean wrists. He lets out a deep breath.

"See. Nothing."

"I'm just worried. Sorry." He says kissing my forehead. "I love you."

"I love you too." I say.

He kisses my forehead lightly and holds me as I slowly fall asleep.

I wake up and see that we are still one the plane with 2 hours to kill. I look over a Hayes who is listening to music with his eyes closed. I pull out one of his ear buds and kiss his cheek.

He flinches and opens his eyes.

"Were you sleeping?" I ask smiling.

"Nope I was just resting my eyes." He says laughing.

"Okay sleepy head." I say laughing.

"Your so cute when you wake up." He says kissing my cheek lightly.

"Thanks."

"Wait. Are you gonna preform at the Toronto Magcon gig?" he says.

"Probably not."

"Why not? I promise I'll have your back if anyone messes with you." He says.

"I know Hayes but I just don't think I want to go on stage." I say.

"Oh come on. I need you up there with me." He pleads.

"Sorry but no. I just don't feel comfortable on stage." I say making it quite obvious that I won't be changing my mind.

"Ugh. One sec." He says unbuckling his seat belt and leaving the isle. I sigh and wait.

"You're kidding when you say you're not going on stage with us for Magcon right?" nash says. I look up and see Hayes, nash and Cameron all looking at me.

"Nope." I say.

"Oh come on. Lots of fans love you. I mean remember in Nashville? you and mahogany's line filled up. Chris, there are always gonna be haters but you have to realize that they have nothing on you." Cam says then nods proudly at what he had said.

"Listen guys, I know you want to make me feel better about going on stage, but honestly. I don't want to go. It's not the haters." Lie. "And don't worry about me. I'm perfectly fine." Lie.

They look at me unsure. Like they don't know what to say.

"Chris," Cameron starts, "listen to me carefully. We need you to go on stage with us. You were officially apart of the Magcon family at our first show. Trust me."

I sit quietly.

"Chris. Come on. Don't make me make a scene in front of everyone on this airplane." Nash says.

"Go ahead. I'm telling you that I've made up my mind. I'm not going back on stage." I say looking out the window and plugging my ear buds back in.

"Well, we tried. There's nothing we can do. I don't know when she'll come through or if she ever will." Nash says to Hayes.

"Yeah. Sorry man. We have to get back to our seats. Sorry. Only 1 and a half hours until we land. Yay. Canada here we come!" Cameron says.

Hayes sits back down and grabs my hand. "I love you." He says.

"You to." I respond holding back tears. I feel like I've let them down. I feel awful.