CHAPTER 01 : Emergence of Dream☆Girl

A year have passed since Ichigo Hoshimiya went to America to hone her idol skills following her defeat in the previous Starlight Queen Cup, leaving her friends in Starlight Academy behind. Aoi Kiriya, Ichigo's best friend, is now a reigning Starlight Queen after defeating Otome in their final match. She never imagined that she was able to reach such heights that Ichigo failed to reach. Even despite that, she feels uneasy for winning it...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aoi: "I wonder what is Ichigo doing right now... Uh, I miss her."

Aoi, lying on her bed, looks at a photo of her and Ichigo in her phone. Ever since she became Starlight Queen, she lives in the Starlight Queen mansion where Mizuki, the previous Starlight Queen, used to live. She renamed the mansion "Blue Nova Mansion. Since then, she feels lonely.

Suddenly, someone is knocking her door.

???: "Aoi, you there?"

Aoi: "Oh? Wait a sec."

Aoi gets up to open the door. It is apparently Ran Shibuki, bringing her some snacks.

Aoi: "Oh, it's you. You brought some snacks? Thank you."

Ran: "No problem. After all, you yourself always did this to us since way back in the day."

Aoi: "Yeah, I always did, because I always feel good helping up people."

Ran sits down next to Aoi.

Ran: "That's what I like about you, Aoi. I'm sure Ichigo would say the same thing."

Aoi: "Ah, Ichigo... I feel lonely without her, especially after I became Starlight Queen. I am fully aware that it was Ichigo's dream to begin with, to follow Mizuki-san's path and become Starlight Queen. But, she failed, and yet I succeed."

Ran: "To be frank, I myself did not imagine you to pull out such an incredible feat. Perhaps Ichigo actually placed her dreams into you, and you fulfilled that dream."

Aoi: "I don't know, Ran. But I still have this feeling that Ichigo should've been the one who's residing in this manor now. Besides, I'm just Ichigo's number one fan. A fan that ended up surpassing the idol."

Ran: "Don't let it bother you too much, Aoi. Just calm yourself down and act like you usually do. Anyway, I gotta go now, I got a few more assignments to do."

Ran leaves the bedroom and eventually out of the manor. Outside the gate, she meets Yurika Toudou, the vampiric idol.

Yurika: "So, how's Aoi?"

Ran: "She's fine, although she doesn't feel like her usual self today."

Yurika: "Truly? Maybe I should suck her blood to turn her back into her usual self."

Ran: "Aoi is feeling a bit guilty since she won the Starlight Queen Cup, a feat that Ichigo failed to accomplish back then."

Yurika: "Ichigo, eh? I wonder what she's doing there in America. It's been a year, right?"

Ran: "Uh-huh. Though I myself believed that Ichigo actually placed her dreams onto Aoi, so that she ended up succeeding accomplishing something that Ichigo failed to accomplish."

Yurika: "I'm not saying that it doesn't make sense, okay?"

Ran: "Ah, the usual Yurika, always being denial."

Yurika: "What? You don't like it? You want me to suck your blood?"

Ran: "Careful, though. I got a lot of garlic in my disposal."