CHAPTER 11 : Vanishing Star

Hours after the big battle between Starlight and DreAca, both forces have pulled back to recover and also repair all the damages sustained by their Mobile Suits. After self-destructing her AoIris Gundam in order to finish off Seira, Aoi and the surviving GN Drive were successfully recovered by her friends and were taken back to Galaxy Starlight. Aoi was slightly hurt, and she is quickly brought to the clinic to treat her wounds.

After that, Aoi is called to Orihime's office.

Orihime: "Why did you self-destruct your Gundam? Did you really need to go that far?"

Aoi: "I had no choice, Headmistress. You yourself told us that we were striking back at DreAca with a vengeance. Not to mention taking down Seira, whom you believed to be responsible for breaking us apart."

Johnny: "But you sacrificed your extremely powerful Gundam, Kiriya-honey! How can we fight DreAca without your Gundam if they're coming back for some more revenge?"

Aoi: "Though, finally, I was able to defeat Seira... all by myself."

Orihime: "I thought you preferred teamwork, the teamwork with Soleil that you cherished so much."

Aoi: "Like I told you, I had no choice. I felt responsible for Kaede giving up her life to protect me, so that was the only way I could choose to avenge her."

Orihime: "Even then--"

Suddenly, someone comes into the office. It is Rei Kamishiro, the top designer of Futuring Girl.

Aoi: "Kamishiro-san?"

Johnny: "Kamishiro? What are you doing here?"

Rei: "I just want to tell you guys that what Kiriya did isn't truly wrong. In a dire situation, there may be a sacrifice necessary to obtain a greater good. She may have self-destructed the AoIris Gundam, but she also put a serious blow on DreAca by killing their top idol."

Orihime: "Well, you actually got the point there, Kamishiro."

Rei: "Not to mention, Kiriya also ejected her GN Drive before self-destructing her Gundam. Which means, the GN Drive and all the combat data stored inside are still intact."

Aoi: "But the GN Drive malfunctioned again after I used Trans-Am."

Rei: "That is okay, it's not something that I truly cannot fix. As long as the GN Drive survived, I and my crews will try our hardest to fix its problems and rebuild your Gundam ASAP. Of course with better performance. You can count on me."

Aoi: "Really? Thank you, Kamishiro-san!"

Johnny: "Well, that's one problem gone. But the other problem is how can Kiriya-honey fight without her Gundam once DreAca's back in action?"

Aoi: "Perhaps I'll just borrow one of my team's Bluegale Deltas in the meantime. Besides, I've been curious to try out one of these things since the day they arrived here."

Orihime: "Though the Bluegale Delta's performance is much lower than the AoIris, but it might work as long as you're piloting it. After all, you're the Starlight Queen."

Aoi: "Absolutely."

Orihime: "Well then, why don't you take a rest for now. I'm sure you're tired."

Aoi: "Okay. I'll take my leave now. Thank you very much, Headmistress."

Rei: "I'm also leaving now. Good luck in your work, Headmistress Orihime."

Orihime: "You too."

Aoi leaves, and so does Rei. Both of them walks together in the corridor.