CHAPTER 23 : Idols Imprisoned by Destiny

"It was Fate... It was Destiny. DESTINY! DESTINY! NO ESCAPING DESTINY!!"

-HCBailly [Let's Play Chrono Cross #074 - Fate Beckons PART 02]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aoi, Miyu, Camilla, Ran, and Yurika returns to the Galaxy Starlight's hangar. Everybody welcomes them.

Shion: "Finally you made it, Aoi."

Yurika: "Once again, you avenged Kaede's death by finishing off Seira."

Aoi: "Well, she better be dead by now."

Naoto: "Great job, everyone. Although DreAca have once again escaped, but Otoshiro is now gone. And hopefully the cultists are also gone."

Hikari: "I got to admit. Nice shot there, Ran. I should've been there to witness your cannon's power directly."

Ran: "Or you can help me absorb the cannon's recoil."

Yurika: "Too bad I wasn't able to suck that virgin idol's blood dry, she already escaped into the ship."

Ran: "But that shot should've sunk them."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unbeknownst to Starlight Academy, the cultists' warship survived the blast from Shibuki. Many compartments have waters leaking into them, forcing the bulkheads nearby to be closed, even though some of them got broken because of that explosion. Several crews are either wounded or killed during the attack.

Maria: "Phew, we somehow survived the blast."

Cult leader: "But we need to trick them as if we actually sunk."

Maria: "Good idea, so we can get away safely, because I bet they will search for us after that. But, oh no, Seira-chan! How is she?"

Cult leader: "I... don't know. I will try and contact DreAca, in case they knew what happened to her. Himesato, you go with your Gundam and launch a bomb into the water. Make them believe that we're done for."

Maria: "Okay."

Maria heads to the hangar, piloting her Fahtz Seibzehn again. Back in the bridge, the cult leader contacts DreAca.

Cult leader: "DreAca, do you read me? This is us, the cultists."

Kii: "We read you, Sir."

Cult leader: "Oh, it's you, Saegusa. What's the status of our Hallowed Child?"

Kii: "Ugh, I saw Seira-chan getting Waverider Crash'd by Camilla and plummets into the sea, exploding."

Cult leader: "No way!"

Kii: "They killed our beloved Seira-chan again... (sniffs) How cruel..."

Cult leader: "This is utterly unforgivable. Those heretics will pay for this madness. And, oh, we're going to trick the heretics by blowing up a bomb underwater. They will believe that we're sunk and then we can escape safely."

Kii: "I understand."

Right outside the cultists' warship, Maria deploys a bomb that will explode underwater to trick the Starlight Academy. Right after that, she suddenly detects something sinking nearby. It is apparently the torso of 2wingS Gundam. Seira has once again survived from being killed by Aoi (and Camilla), but she's unconscious inside the leaking cockpit with waters flooding in.