Chapter 16

Ali and I lowered ourselves down into the blue seats that lined the inside of the Dow Event Center. The boys were well into their practices, some were walking around and strecthing while others were on the ice, whipping the pucks back and forth.

"Where is he?" Ali whispers as she scans all of the guys, a smile on her face. 

"There." I point. Justin is on the ice, on his knees as he streches his arms above his head.

"Go." Ali pushes my shoulder as Justin gets up, moving to sit in the Pentley box. My eyes widen as I jump up from my seat, jogging down the steps until I reached the outside of the small area. I took a deep breath before opening the door and stepping inside.

Justin look surprised as he looked up at me, the look turned to one of anger. He turned to the door that led to the ice, wanting out but it was  to late. Brandon Archibald as standing infront of it, leaning his heavy frame against the door.

"Let me out." Justin shouts, banging on the glass as he glares at the back of the head.

Brandon turns his head, smirking as he looks at Jusitn. "Cant hear you." Brandon winks at me as he taps his ear, shaking his head at Justin.

Justin sighs, throwing himself down on the bench after hitting the glass one last time.

"What do you want?" He glares at me as I stand, leaning against the door I had just stepped through.

"To talk." I move, shuffling forward until I'm standing near him. I slowly lower myself down onto the bench, looking at my shoes.

"About what?" He mutters, leaning forward and cupping his hands on his kness as he glares at Brandon, who is still leaning against the door.

"Us." I take a deep breath. "You never let me explain. I broke up with you because I was frustrated. I didnt really want it to end, I just wanted the partying to stop."  I bite at my dry lips, something I do when I am extermly nervous. I hadnt felt this way around Justin since I first admited that I had feelings for him.

"You could have said something." He turns his head, watching me  out of the corner of his eyes.

"I've tried but you dont listen." I tell him, running my fingers through my hair.

He shurgs, turning back to the ice he watches as his teamates hit the pucks around.

"We kissed for the first time, right there." I point to the area near the center of the ice where we had been standing when I decided to kiss him. 

"You made us fall." He chuckles. My cheeks turn pink as I think about it.

"It was your fault. I have no ability to skate, yet you made me go out there." I laugh, elbowing him.

"And then you got pissed at me again as we sat here." He says after laughing with me. I smile, running my fingers through my hair. 

"No surprise there." I tell him, glad that we were laughing and acting semi normal.

"We kissed again there." He points to the steps where he had kissed me after making me angry. "I havent been to a party since you broke up with me." He says after a moment of silence.

"It's only been a week." I shake my head, the fact that he hadnt gone to a party in a week, didnt mean that he had changed. It just meant that it was only short period of time before he started partying again.

I also felt guilty. He had spent the last week being good and I had spent the week debating on weather or not I was going to go to a party with Adrianna, just so I could do drugs. 

"I wont go to anymore parties. Losing you isnt worth it." He says, giving me a sad look.

"We both need a break. We live togther and we go to the same school, we hardly ever get time apart. We need to spend a couple of weeks doing our own things." I tell him, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Only a couple of weeks?" He asked, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and pulling me into a big hug.

"2 weeks." I tell him, smiling.

"That isnt a very long time." He says, most likely trying to convince himself to believe what he was saying.

"Exactly." I stand up, leaning down to kiss his cheek. "I'll see you on monday." I smile before opening the door and walking up the steps, quickly going back and sitting next to Ali. 

I look down, watching as Justin looks up at me, smiling before stepping back on to the ice and getting back into practice.

"That went well?" Ali asked, elbowing me.

"Yeah." I smile as I lean back into my seat, happy with how the day was ending.