26

2 years later....

               "Are we allowed to be here?" I ask Justin as he pulls me out onto the ice of the Dow Event Center. It was well after midnight and just a few hours ago, the team had lost a play off game, ending Justin's career with the Saginaw Spirit. We had left and he had driven us around the town before driving us back here.

               "Yeah." He says, taking my hands. There was no one else here but the overhead lights were on and so was the big screen. 

We didn't have skates on as we made our way to center ice. Justin places his hands over my eyes, continuing to walk forward. I smile, placing my hands over his.

               "Okay, Now!" He shouts, keeping my eyes covered. "Close your eyes." He whispers in my ear as he removes his hands. His warmth disappears from behind me and I'm left standing alone.

               "Open your eyes and look up." His voice comes from behind me.

I open my eyes, looking up at the big screen, it was black with two words written in white.

                                 Marry Me?

               "Now turn around." I turn around to face Justin, who was down on one knee, a little black box in his hand.

               "Kae Anderson, Will you marry me?" He asks, his cheeks turning pink.

               "Of Course." I walk over to him at the same time that he stands up. He smiles, slipping the ring on to my finger. I lean into him, kissing him with a smile on my face.

               "Don't fall." He whispers into my ear as I almost lose my balance.

               "If I fall, My fiance will have to catch me." I whisper back, grinning at him. "Or I might just pull him down with me." I grab the front of his suit jacket, not being able to keep myself from smiling. He smiles back, laughing.

"I love you so much." He says, pulling me into a bear hug. 

"I love you more." I hug him back, never wanting to let go. <3

_____________________

I've always wanted to write something like this.

There are a few more parts and then its over.