Chapter 17

"Alright." I say to Ali as I take a seat on my bed, emptying my arms of all the treats we had grabbed before coming up to my room.

          "What?" She pauses as she goes to open a bag of Doritos, narrowing her eyes as she looks up at me.

          "You said that after I figured myself out, you would tell me about your bruises." I tell her, popping my can of dr.pepper open. "I'm figured out and its only us here." My mom had been gone when we got back, leaving a note that said she had something she needed to do at work.

          "Okay." Ali sits quiet for a moment, fidgeting with the bag that was still in her hands, a frown on her face. "They are self inflicted." She says, looking across the room at my bare wall.

          "You hurt yourself?" I ask, snapping my fingers in front of her face so she looks at me.

          "It was an accident at first but I kind of liked the pain so I kept doing it." She mutters glaring at the ground. "Bryce caught on fast. He's been trying to help me but I don't think its working." She says, her eyes watering.

          "I'll help you to! You should have told me." I pull her into a hug, letting her cry into my shoulder.

          "I didn't want you to judge me." She says, hugging me back.

          "I wouldn't have judged you. I would've have done anything to help you." I pat her back, not letting her go from the hug until she stops crying.

She nods, repicking up the bag and opening it. "Now you can help Bryce help me." She says, trying to smile. "Why'd you think it was Bryce?" She asks before putting a chip into her mouth and chewing loudly.

          "One day in fifth hour, he went to kiss you and you moved away like you were afraid." I say, feeling kind of stupid.

          "Afraid that he would tell someone." She shakes her head. "I was being stupid, he would never tell anyone."

          "He loves you." I elbow her lightly, thinking about the way he looks at her. 

          "I know." Her cheeks turn pink as she grins. "I just have to get him to say it." 

          "You could always say it first." I tell her, thinking about the first  time me and Justin said it.

          "If he waits any longer I will." She grins, leaning back against the wall behind my bed. 

I laugh, grabbing my remote and turning the tv on, hoping that the rest of the weekend would be this easy.