Chapter 18

"Hey, Kae!" Adrianna shouts out as she walks up to me. I was at my locker, going through my books while Ali leaned on the other side of my locker, texting Bryce.

               "Hi." Over the weekend I had told myself that I wouldn't talk to Adrianna any more, whenever I talked to her I got the urge to party and it was already a problem because I had an itch under my skin for something I really shouldn't get addicted to. 

               "Louis told me to give this to you, he said he didn't have time to give it to you at the party." Adrianna pushes a small piece of paper into my hand, a smile on her face.

               "Did she just say you went to a party?" Justin asks as he walks up to me, completely ignoring Adrianna as she stands there, waiting for me  to reply.

               "Yeah." I knew what was coming, I could tell by the look in Justin's eyes. He was pissed and he had every right to be. I broke up with him because of how much he partied and then the first week end after the break up, I myself go to a party.

               "I cant believe you." He shakes his head, a disappointed look in his eyes. Adrianna realizes that he is pissed off and she turns around, working her way into the crowd of people heading to class. "You broke up with me for partying and then  you went to a party!" Justin runs his hand through his hair. 

               "I didn't go to the party to party like you do." I tell him, feeling frustrated with how things were going. I already felt bad about going and now he was making it worse.

               "No! You went to get high." He lets out a shout, a loud angry shout that has people stopping to see if we were going to start yelling back and forth. High school kids are pathetic when it comes to keeping up with drama.

My eyes widen as Ali reaches over and slaps Justin's arm. 

               "I get that your pissed off but save it for after school. Not every needs to see you two yell." She tells him, giving him her a look to let him know that she wasn't going to allow us to argue right now.

               "Fine." Justin turns on his heel, storming down the hall as he pushes away all of the people that stopped to watch. I lean against my locker, letting the little piece of paper that most likely has Louis number on fall out of my hand and on to the ground.

Ali sighs, grabbing my wrist, she pulls me away from my locker, closing the door of it. She pulls me towards my next class.

~~~~~~~

I sit on my couch, cracking my knuckles as I wait for Justin to get home. I knew that was coming and it was putting nasty large butterflies in my stomach because I was afraid of it happening.

I hold my breath as I listen to the front door swing open, I can hear Justin in the front hallway. I can hear him taking off his shoes and throwing them into the front closet. I listen as he throws his bag to the ground. I know that he knows i'm in the living room because he normally does all of these things upstairs and he cant do that today because it would involve passing me, seeing me for that first time since he yelled at me this morning.

I had gone the rest of the school day without seeing him, when I got to the parking lot he had already been gone, meaning that he had gotten a ride home from a friend. 

I had driven home quickly, wanting to beat him there, knowing I would.

I release the breath I had been holding as he steps into the living room, his eyes on me as he slowly walks over and sits down on the love seat, as far from me as he can get.

               "I'm breaking up with you." He says, cutting straight to the point. 

I bite my lip, breathing heavily as I try not to cry. 

               "Okay." I mumble, turning away from the brown eyes that had once captivated me, but that was when he wasn't pissed off at me, that was when he loved me.

               "That's all you have to say." His voice is desperate, he wants me to fight back.

               "What do you want me to say? Your right, I went to get high and I hate myself for that but there is nothing left for me to say. This relationship isn't working the way we want it to."  I tell him, the tears falling freely now.

               "How do we want it to work?" He asks, his voice breaking. A little part of me liked seeing him like this, vulnerable. 

               "You want me to be the girlfriend who doesn't care that all you want to do is party." I reach up and wipe my tears away. "I want you to be the boy that wants to spend time with me." I tell him, silently praying that my tears don't start to fall again.

               "I want to spend time with you." He says fiercely.

               "At parties." I tell him in a bored voice, wanting him to understand that we were to different to work out.

               "Right." He shakes his head and I can tell that he is giving up, slowly slipping away from me.

               "Sorry." I mumble, getting up and grabbing my backpack, which I had thrown down on the couch when I got home. I shuffle towards the stairs, making it up to my room before fully breaking down. I drop my bag, pulling my door closed as I fall to the floor, crying as much as my body allows me to before I fall asleep. 

____________________

ugh.