Chapter Thirteen ~ Ruby Rose

Song: Haven't Had Enough - Marianas Trench

Alex's pov~ 

So maybe I lied about Liam Neeson not interesting me as much as he used to. He was an incredible actor, so can you blame me if I chose to watch his movies over and over again? I'd spent the better part of my Tuesday morning doing nothing but drawing and watching The Grey in my pajamas. Well, minus the part where I had drove Abella to work again. The fact that she actually enjoyed riding on the motorcycle surprised me. She didn't seem like the type of girl who would be into that type of thing. After I came home, I turned on the tv, put on the movie and started to draw whatever came to mind. The ending of the movie pissed me off a little, but other than that, it was a pretty well made movie. I'd seen it about five times before so I knew exactly what was going to happen and when it would happen. 

As the ending credits rolled on, I took out the disc and replaced it with 'Schindler's List'. Picking up my notepad, I collapsed on the couch and waited for the previews to end. I looked down at the drawing of the Blink Bunny. I was trying to decide whether or not to colour in the drawing. My ambition was simple; get thirty drawings completed by next Friday. So far, I only had done nine.  

"Alex!" I heard Jack shout from the kitchen. I looked over my shoulder, wondering how the fuck he managed to get into my house at two in the afternoon. "Your front door was unlocked, man." He said, taking a seat on the recliner chair. His attention snapped to the opening credits of Schindler's List, a grin spread on his mouth once he realized what movie I was watching.  

I set my notepad down and twirled the pencil between my fingers. "What are you doing here, Jack?" I asked him. He shrugged and picked up the notepad, grinning once he saw the Blink Bunny on the white page. Jack's favorite band was Blink-182 and whenever I drew something that somehow connected to the band, he'd become overly excited about the simple drawing.  

"This is really good, dude," he said, setting the notepad back down on the couch. "And guess what?"  

"What?" I picked up the notepad, closing it before I set it down on the table. My feet stretched out across the couch, half of my attention focused on Jack while the other half watched the intro of the movie.  

Grinning, Jack announced, "It's official with Mary, we're dating." I wanted to make a smart remark about his excitement, but the look in his eyes told me to just let him have his moment for once. I knew that Jack had a thing for Mary, but it surprised me that he actually got into something serious with her. Jack was never the type of guy who could tie down with one girl, that was obvious to anyone who knew him during our high school years.  

If Mary had attended the same high school as us, I don't think she would have given Jack a chance. "When did this happen?" I asked, genuinely curious. At first, I assumed that Mary would be just another one of Jack's quest to fuck, but I was clearly proven wrong. He seemed head over heels for the girl. 

"Last night. She came over to my house and I just kinda asked her if she'd be mine." He said. He sounded like an idiot in love, which he certainly was. "It feels good to be in a relationship again, you know? I liked having sex with a bunch of different girls, but I don't think that way anymore. Now, all I want is to spend time with Mary. The only reason I'm not with her now is because she's at some church choir practice shit." 

"Choir?" I cocked a brow. I knew Mary's family was somewhat religious, hence her name and the fact that she attended a Catholic school. But I never thought she was apart of a church choir. If it weren't for the fact that a church service was the most boring thing I'd ever attended, I probably would have known this sooner. "Since when is Mary apart of a choir?"