Chapter Twenty Three ~ Wedding Bells

&&&

Yawning quietly, I stood up from my bed, stretching my arms out into the air. Alex's shirt fit me a little snug, but it was still comfortable. I checked the time, noting that it was barely half past nine. I walked into the bathroom, quickly brushing my teeth before I ran a comb through my hair.

Deciding to do something nice, I walked out of the bedroom and into the kitchen. The room was still a bit messy from when Alex had attempted to cook up dinner. He managed to burn the steak and we ended up ordering pizza last night.

Walking toward the sink, I turned on the faucet and began washing the pots and dishes. As I dried off the plate, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I smiled, biting my lip as I placed the plate back into the cabinet. Alex buried his face into the crook of my neck, lips attached to my skin instantly. A low growl left his mouth, his hands traveled down my sides and rested over my hips.

I giggled quietly, turning off the faucet before I moved to face Alex. My eyes flickered to his, grinning once I saw them darken with lust. "What do you want for breakfast?" I asked. Alex grinned, leaning forward to kiss me. His tongue traced my lower lip as he gently squeezed my bum.

"You." He whispered, slowly moving one hand down my stomach.

My face turned bright red, but the embarrassment quickly faded once I felt his hand slip into my underwear. I gasped, my hands using his shoulders for support. "Alex..." I moaned, pressing my forehead against his bare chest. My fingernails buried into his skin, soft moans left my mouth as pleasure took over my entire body. "Oh my god, Alex."

He chuckled, clearly amused by how much his simple touch affected me. "Here," he lifted me up and set me on the edge of the counter. His lips attached to my neck, leaving a small trail of wet kisses to my lips. His tongue slipped into my mouth and just as he began to rub my gently, our moment was cut short by the sound of my phone ringing. Alex groaned loudly, earning a quiet giggle from me.

I quickly hoped off the counter and moved past him before I grabbed my phone from the counter. The number belonged to Joey, making me answer almost instantly. Alex sighed, leaning against the counter with a disgruntled look on his facial expression. I could see his unhappiness and I bit back a laugh, amused by how upset he seemed to be.

"Abella," Joey spoke into the line. "I need to talk to you right fucking now." He said, excitement laced in his tone.

"Sure. But, right now?"

"Oh my god, yes!" Joey exclaimed. "Meet me, uh... oh! At that park we went to like last month. Meet me there in thirty minutes." Before I could say anything else, the line went completely dead. I set my phone back down on the counter before turning to face a pissed off Alex. "Joey wants to meet up." I told him.

Alex sighed, pushing himself off the counter before he started toward me. "That's fine," he said, some of the anger quickly slipped away from his eyes. "When are you going?"

"In thirty minutes." I replied.

"Good." A smirk grew on Alex's lips as he leaned forward, kissing my neck. "I only need five."

&&&

Jumping out of my car, I looked around the park before I spotted Joey sitting at the same bench we had sat at weeks before. He looked a bit different, but still the same Joey as before. The only difference was that he had dyed his hair blonde. I hurried toward him, trying to rid of the scarlet blush on my cheeks along the way.

"Oh my god, Joey. I am so, so, sorry." I apologized once I reached his side.

Joey narrowed his eyes, scanning my appearance for a few seconds. "Glossy eyes," he said, his tone barely above a whisper. "swollen lips, flushed cheeks, messy hair... Did you just have sex, Abella Rodriguez?" He questioned, loud laughter fell from his mouth. My face flushed, heat rose to my neck and I quickly shook my head 'no'. Technically, what Alex and I did wasn't sex.

I sat down beside Joey, combing my fingers through my hair. "Uh, anyways, what did you need to talk about?" I asked, refusing to meet his gaze. I felt incredibly embarrassed knowing that Joey knew Alex and I had been up to something. I was excited to hear what Joey had to say, but a part of me was also still focused on how amazing Alex's lips were.

Groaning quietly, I covered my face with my hands as the heat continued to rise. Joey laughed, gently nudging my side. "Okay, keep your mind off the sex for five minutes and here me out." I nodded, forcing my gaze to him. Grinning widely, Joey held his hand up, showing off the medal band around his finger. I gasped, shocked to see the ring on him.

"Oh my gosh, did he..." I trailed off.

Joey nodded eagerly, his smile growing wider. "Fucking finally! He asked me this morning and, ugh I can't even express how fucking happy I am right now." His eyes glossed over and he quickly wipped the tears away. "Fuck," he chuckled, embarrassed. "I hate crying. But god dammit, I'm just so happy. He finally proposed... and on his own terms too. I haven't nagged him about getting married in weeks and..." he trailed off, a sob of happiness left his mouth. "I'm getting married."

Laughing, I wrapped my arms around his torso and pulled him into a tight hug. "Congratulations, Joey. This is amazing." He nodded, continued to wipe away the tears falling from his eyes.

Joey continued to cry quietly for a few more minutes before he hastily wiped his tears away. "Abella," he said, sighing shakily. "I don't have anyone in my family anymore. Jeffrey is a prick, my dad's a cunt and my mom's hopeless. That's why I am asking you for this huge favor." He paused, running a hand through his now blonde hair. "Will you be my maid of honor at the wedding? I know it's sorta huge favor to ask, but you're really the only girl I know and trust. I don't have any sisters or cousins. Please." He begged.

"Of course," I grinned widely. "Do you know when the wedding will be?"

Jeffrey shook his head no. "I'm not sure," he replied. "But I want to do it soon. Maybe in a month or two." I nodded and gave him another congratulatory hug. "Now, Abella," he smiled deviously. "Tell me why you look like you just had crazy sex."

&&&

I really don't like this filler chapter. ~Mae