Chapter Twenty Seven ~ Broken and Bloody

Songs; Demons - Imagine Dragons

Sleepwalking - Bring Me The Horizon

Salute - Little Mix

~*~

Alex's pov

My fingers gripped around the ice cold neck of the bottle, swinging it up to make contact with my lips. My entire head was pounding, the sound of incredibly loud music played around me. There were dozens of people crammed into the small living room, all desperate for the attention and affection from one another. The entire room was spinning and I felt like I was going to barf at any second.

"Alex!" A cheerful and all too familiar voice exclaimed. I looked up, not even bothering to smile once I saw my old friend, Tom, walk toward me. He and I used to hang out a lot during high school--just getting high and drinking until we blacked out was the way we used to do things. Tom was a loser back then and I had no doubt that he still was.

But so was I.

Tom sat down beside me, his eyes bloodshot and a goofy smile spread on his thin lips. "How's it going, man?" He asked. "It's been, what? Like four fucking years, right? Where have you been, Alex?" A chuckle left his mouth. He grabbed the freshly rolled joint from his pocket and pulled it out, a wide grin on his face. "Just like old times, right?" He laughed. I nodded, waiting for him to light the damn thing and get it over with.

Taking a long hit, Tom coughed slightly and handed me the joint. The familiar smell of marijuana filled my nostrils and honestly, I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the party scene. But that's the thing; although I missed hanging around drunk idiots, fucking random women and getting wasted until I blacked out, nothing compared to the time I spent with my Bella.

Yeah, so maybe I am getting a bit soft. But honestly, I could give less of a fuck what anyone else thought.

When I told her I loved her, I meant every single word. We may have not been together for the longest time, but if there was anything I was one hundred percent certain about--it was my love for Abella Rodriguez.

She was like this beautiful Cuban Goddess from England. She used to be mine, until I screwed everything up.

No.

Wait.

I didn't do shit.

That's a first...

Honestly, the reason things ended between Abella and I was because of her, not me. This time, I didn't do shit. All I did was simply tell her how I felt and the way she reacted... Fuck, it was as if I just murdered a dog in front of her. She flipped out because I told her my honest feelings.

She's the one to blame here, not me.

"Fucking Christ," I groaned, running my fingers through my hair. Snatching the joint from Tom's grasp, I took a long hit from the wonderful plant. All I wanted to do was completely forget about my brunette. I needed to forget about the simple fact that the first girl I ever loved, tore my heart and stomped all over the shattered remains.

I just needed to forget about it because that was the Gaskarth way; Run away from your problems and pretend like nothing's wrong and when your problems start catching up to you, run faster.

Tom laughed beside me, the alcohol laced in his breath, lingered in his scent. He opened his mouth to say something, but quickly cut himself off once he noticed the redhead walking toward us. I groaned, not wanting to deal with Jesse's bullshit. I hadn't seen her in weeks and by the way her lips were pursed together tightly, I could tell she wasn't too happy to see me again.