Giant Eels

Iris's Pov

We stopped for the night on an island before we headed out again to the Ship Graveyard.

We arrived just after noon and we landed on a rock sticking out of the water to rest while surveying the area.

There were more ships than I had thought and everything seemed calm underneath the grey clouds above up.

After the dragons were rested enough, we headed to the ship closest to us. There were 8 ships although two were too sunken to get into.

Something didn't seem right as I ventured inside the first ship. There wasn't anything inside except a few chests that had been strewn across the floor.

Every ship had something different and I was able to take a few things that would be worth keeping.

I found a bunch of ivory, gold, and jewels in one ship and maps and books in another. They were all stored safely in the bags on Zip and Zap's back.

As Bolt flew me to the last ship, I saw movement below. I looked down and almost jumped in fright as I saw a giant eel leap out of the water.

Luckily we were high enough that it didn't reach us. "Bolt!" I yell. Bolt sees the eels and widens his eyes.

It was then that I remembered dragons hate eels, and giant ones weren't any better. I held on as tight as I could as Bolt flew straight up into the clouds with the others close behind.

As soon as we were up in the clear sky above the clouds, I was able to stop the fleeing dragons. "Hey, it's ok, we're safe." I said, patting Bolt's back.

Soon enough the dragons had calmed down and I decided that the last ship wasn't so important to go through. "Lets go find out next adventure... without eels." I say after a bit. We headed to the safer north as the sun was getting close to setting.

It was another hour before we came to an island that was safe to stay at and we quickly set up camp as the last light of the day disappeared.

-Time Skip-

I awoke to fell something on my face. I jumped up and looked at Zip and Zap who's faces were right in front of mine.

"Eww, seriously guys?" I ask them as I try wiping their spit off my face. "You know that doesn't wash out easily." I continued.

The two just gurgled in laughter and Bolt and Storm joined in. I noticed the two had gotten a fire started and had a nice pile of fish next to it.

I divided the fish up for them while saving one for myself. I cooked it over the fire and ate before we decided to get ready to go again.

When we were packed, we flew up into the air and hovered as I mapped out the new island. It was pretty small and was covered in trees except for the beach that we had stayed on the night before.

I had soon finished putting away my map and we were on our way again.

We spent half of the day mapping out new islands until we decided to take a break on an island full of lakes.

There wasn't a single tree because the ground was rock but luckily there were large rock formations to give us a bit of shade from the sun.

The dragons set out to find some fish for themselves while I stayed back with our stuff while eating some fruit I had brought along. I was looking around myself when I heard the sound of a dragon in trouble.

I was about to follow it when the dragons came back with their fish. "Do you hear that? I think a dragon is in trouble." I asked them.

They nodded their heads and Storm decided to come with me when I headed out. The sounds echoed around the stone structures but we were finally able to find the source.

A two headed dragon was laying half in and out of the water. They saw us and tried to get away but with no luck.

Storm gurgled to them a bit and was able to calm them down. I crouched down close to them and put my hands out for them to sniff.

They eventually accepted me and put their heads in my hands before they dropped in exhaustion. I realized that the skin of the dragon that was out of the water was rough and hard rather than slick and wet like it should be.

I also noticed that it had what looked to be burn marks on their necks and back. "Storm, we need to get them into the water, help me quick." I said. He nodded and we carefully helped them into the water. They gurgled happily but didn't leave. I watched for a bit, confused, before remembering their injuries.

Luckily I had grabbed my satchel and I had a few things inside that could help. "Can I help you guys with your burns?" I asked.

The two looked at each other before swimming over to me carefully. The two set themselves on the shore again and I was able to spread a little ointment on their burns.

As I did so I took the time to figure out what kind of dragon they were. I didn't recognize them from the book of dragons on Berk but I recognized them from the book Gothi gave me.

I racked my brain for the different species of water dragons and what they looked like.

I finally found my answer when I saw the sharp noses of the dragon in front of me. 'A female Sea-shocker!' I thought.

Soon I had finished spreading the ointment and I had nothing else I could do for them. I tried remembering any information on Sea-shockers and remembered they held a slight grudge towards Scauldrons.

"Did you guys encounter a Scouldren?" I asked them. The two nodded. I then also remembered that this specific kind of dragon usually travels in a pack. "What happened to your pack?" I asked.

The two looked down and then out towards the ocean. "They left you guys behind?" I asked. They nodded. I thought for a bit before having an idea. "Do you want to join us? We may be able to find your pack again." I asked.

The two looked at each other and thought for a bit before looking at Storm and growling at him a bit as if in conversation.

After a bit they all nodded at me. I smiled. "Bolt and Zip and Zap are back at our campsite but first I need names for the two of you. Any suggestions?" I asked.