- Chapter 8 -

I ignored all Jasons texts. I didn't want to talk to him. I needed to figure this out myself... I sighed as I walked with Chrissy to the park. It's been a while since I felt all of this, mostly because nobody really accepted me exept for my family. Maybe I'll stop by Simon's house on my way, talk to him about this. When I arrived at the park I wasn't alone. Most of the snow was gone because of the rain of yesterday so people started coming outside again. I unleashed Chrissy, knowing she wouldn't wander off that far.

"Hey faggot!"

I froze for a second before being hit on the back of my head. Peter and his friends surrounded me. No... Please don't...
"W-we're in public, P-Peter..." I whispered.
"P-please don't d-do this..."
"Your little fighter friend isn't here to protect you now" he grinned and punched me in my face. His friends started kicking me to the ground and I could see he enjoyed it.

"Guys, a moment" he said and they backed off.
"This is for what Jason did to me" he hissed and kicked me in my balls. After that he hit my face again and left the rest to his friends. It hurt, a lot. And nobody did a thing about it, like always... I could hear Chrissy barking but she was just a little white dog, she couldn't do anything against them. I started bleeding and I already knew I was gonna be covered in bruises tomorrow. And the worst part was that I felt so damn useless... I got beat up and there wasn't anything I could do about it...

Pov Jason
"What's up honey?" mom asked during dinner. I was just poking my food, didn't even look at it. Nate ignored all my texts. I wanted to go over to his place but I don't think that would be a great idea right now... He needed his space and I needed mine. I actually never thought about our kiss... Maybe I should figure out what he means to me before I talk to him? Yeah, that would be smart...

"Honey" mom repeated.
"Oh, uhm, sorry, yeah?" I asked.
"You're quite distracted, everything alright?" she asked.
"Y-Yeah, yeah, everything is fine mom, don't worry" I said and waved it off.
"Just some stuff with Nathan, it's nothing"
"Just some stuff with Nathan, right" dad muttered and mom looked a bit angry at him.

"John!"

"What Maria? It's the truth, isn't it?!" dad yelled. And here we go again...
"You don't know that!" mom yelled.
"Since when do you know what's going on in his head?!"
"Well, you don't know either, do you?!" dad yelled.
"It's fucking simple! He is fucking broken because of his damn brother!"

"Don't you dare talk about my sons like that!" mom hissed. I just tried to disappear from the table by making myself as small as possible. Not that it was working... This happend sometimes when Jack was brought into the conversation. They would start yelling and fighting... His death broke our family apart and made me fall into an endless black hole... I would never escape this, no matter what...

Max came whining next to me, asking me to comfort him. He was such a sensetive little buddy... I stood up and took him to my room, not that my parents noticed... My phone was still laying on my bed, right where I left it. I sighed and checked to see if I got any new messages but none... Just that moment a notification showed up.

Peter Dhark has tagged you in a comment

I frowned at my screen and went to see what the hell he would tag me in. My eyes grew wider and my heart skipped a beat. It was a picture of Nate... All beat up against a tree in the park.

This is what happens with dirty faggots and their friends Jason Anderson

It was just posted so maybe they were still in the park? Who was I kidding, it was already dark out there and the picture was obviously taken during the day. He beat Nate up today... And it's my fault... I should've been there for him but I wasn't. I was such a terrible friend! I immediately started calling him but he didn't answer. Shit, come on Nate, be okay... When he hadn't answered after my fifth call I tried Simon. He's his best friend, he must know something.

"Hi with Sim" I heard on the other side.
"Omg Simon, you have no idea how glad I am you picked up" I said with so much relief.
"Jason? Hey, calm down, what's wrong?" he asked.
"Have you heard from Nathan today?" I asked worried.
"I-I've texted him a thousand times and tried calling but he doesn't answer and I just want to know if he's okay"

"He's fine Jace" Simon replied calmly. I heard noices in the background and grew a bit suspicious.
"Simon, is Nate with you?" I asked. Silence.
"No" he said after a while.
"But he did stop by today. He looked fine, you shouldn't worry"
"Y-you think so?" I asked, still not very convinced.

"Yes, just let him be for the weekend. He's still pretty upset" he said.
"I-I mean, he was still pretty upset, you know, when I saw him. Earlier today"
I sighed, knowing Nathan was probably standing right next to him at the moment.
"O-okay, tell him I'll give him his space. We'll talk after the weekend"

"Great" he smiled and hang up. I just stared at the ground and closed my eyes for a few seconds. So I would've the rest of the weekend to find out if Nate meant more to me than just a friend... Should be enough, right? Max came to me with a toy in his mouth, asking me to play with him. I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"Come on, let's go outside"