Why we broke up

Dear Alexandre,

It has been a while.

It has been a while since we haven't exchanged words, or smiles or even glances. It's been weeks since I've last seen you look at me.

Time has passed since we were together, since we were something.

I know you would doubt if this is still necessary, after all these months, turning into years, now. I know you'd think I am crazy for talking about our story, again.

But I'm not sure you get how I have changed, how I was broken and how I tried to cope with it. I'm not sure you get what you really did to me, I lost myself before I lost you.

I highly doubt you will read this or if you have read it already. I know you've been told about it but I'm not sure you would like it.

At first, I thought you wouldn't care enough to read it, but now I simply do not think it is appropriate for you to read it.

It contains everything I have told you and everything I didn't. It contains everything I wish I had told you and everything I wish I told myself, back then.

And now, I know we're okay, at least were not not okay. But somehow you've stuck with that hatred. I know you were angry at me but I don't get why.

I don't think you breaking up with me has caused you to be this angry at me.
I didn't think it broke you somehow too.
I didn't think it even meant something to you, all in all.

But, I didn't really think you'd broke up with me either.

In a way, it doesn't have anything to do with you. In an other way, it is all about you.

But, still, I am kind of hoping you would read it and understand how you did me wrong. And I could understand how I did you wrong. How I loved you and changed you. How I loved you and how it broke me.

May you read this and get it.

May this un-break my heart.

Flavie.

Author's note.

This work is a non-fiction. It is my real story. The only thing I changed are the names so it wouldn't be someone and I thought it'd be better this way, for everyone.